Galatasaray will look to keep pace in the race for Champions League football when they travel to relegation-threatened Genclerbirligi in the Super Lig on Sunday at 6.30pm (UK time).
Fatih Terim’s side currently occupy a Europa Conference League position in third but are just one point behind second-placed Fenerbahce, while a win would reduce the gap to six points on current table-toppers Besiktas, keeping their faint hopes of title success alive.
How to live stream Genclerbirligi vs Galatasaray online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Genclerbirligi vs Galatasaray live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (13:00, 02/05/21).
Scoreline prediction: Genclerbirligi 1-2 Galatasaray
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Genclerbirligi vs Galatasaray build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
It’s been a difficult season for Genclerbirligi, who have waded through managerial appointments, with incumbent coach Ozcan Bizati the fourth to occupy the Eryaman Stadium dugout. His task will be to safeguard the club from dropping out of the division, with The Wind of Ankara currently in 20th but just three points from safety.
For habitual title aspirants Galatasaray they are naturally locked in a duel for Champions League qualification, currently trading leather with Istanbul rivals Fenerbahce for the much-coveted second place, and possibly even asking questions of Besiktas in first if they can muster maximum reward in this match.
- Genclerbirligi (vs Hatayspor): Nordfeldt; Johansson, Kizildag, Angelo, Pehlivan; Piris, Dikmen, Candeias, Lima, Sio; Stancu.
- Galatasaray (vs Konyaspor): Muslera; Ozbayrakli, Donk, Marcao, Bayram; Etebo*, Kilinc, Fernandes, Dervisoglu, Akturkoglu; Mohamed.
Poland international Dominik Furman is currently sidelined and has missed the past two matchday squads for Genclerbirligi, while Floyd Ayite is also unavailable. For the visitors, centre-back duo Christian Luyindama and Valentine Ozornwafor missed the previous outing and are doubts for this journey, while Stoke loanee Oghenekaro Etebo is also not an option for this contest.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Genclerbirligi: If the hosts are to have any chance of coming away with points on the board from this outing, then they will need to assert their authority in the middle of the pitch and thwart any attacking moves from Galatasaray, illuminating the role Robert Piris da Motta will play here. The Flamengo loanee has been the keystone of Genclerbirligi’s play this season, meanly anchoring the midfield and screening the backline to give his side a tangible presence in the middle third. The defensive midfielder has made more tackles than any Genclerbirligi player this season in the Super Lig (66), as well as the most possessions won in the middle third (98), and it is those terrier-like qualities that will be just what the doctor ordered when Galatasaray are marauding forward in swathes of intricate attacking play.
- Galatasaray: One player who could have a major influence in those attacking transitions is convalescing forward Radamel Falcao, who recently returned to action from a facial fracture. The veteran Colombian has been beset by injury complications this season, restricting him to just 15 Super Lig appearances, but when he has played, the scintillating South American has been a potent weapon going forward. With eight goals this term, he remains the club’s top goalscorer, save for Mbaye Diagne (nine), who is currently on loan at West Brom. If The Lions are to usurp Fenerbahce for a second-place finish and remain clinging to Besiktas’ coattails, then Falcao’s involvement over the next few weeks will be vital to that end.
Super Lig 2020/21 recent form:
- Genclerbirligi: LWDLL
- Galatasaray: WWDWD
More live stream options: