Wales vs Turkey Euro 2024 Qualifying predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Wales and Turkey lock horns in a key clash in Euro 2024 Qualifying Group D on Tuesday at 7:45pm (UK time).
Wales vs Turkey odds
18+ only. BeGambleAware.
Wales sit third in Group D, two points behind Croatia after Rob Page’s men played out a 1-1 with Armenia on the road, meaning qualification is no longer in their hands. Only a win gives Wales a chance of leapfrogging Croatia for an automatic spot and even then it might not be enough. If the bronze medalists at last winter’s World Cup finals beat Armenia in Zagreb on Tuesday, they are assured of a top-two spot but a draw or defeat will open the door for Wales to qualify if they beat Turkey. That is because Wales’ head-to-head record against Croatia is better, which will be the decider if they finish level on points.
Wales vs Turkey: Predictions
|BTTS?||No||19/20 with Paddy Power|
|Correct Score||Wales 1-0 Turkey||7/1 with Betfred|
|First Goalscorer||Harry Wilson||9/1 with Bet365|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Wales vs Turkey predictions:
- Wales are unbeaten in their three previous home games against Turkey.
- They’ve also never conceded a goal across those matches.
- Both teams have scored in just one of the eight all-time meetings between Wales and Turkey, though that game did finish 6-4 to Turkey (20th August 1997).
- Harry Wilson is the only Welsh player to score more than once (3) in this qualifying campaign.
Wales have never conceded a goal at home against Turkey.
Wales have a couple of players out injured, including Adam Davies and Wes Burns, but still head into this international break in good shape. Turkey, meanwhile, are missing captain Hakan Calhanoglu and influential forward Cengiz Under.
Wales vs Turkey head-to-head record
- 19/06/23 – Turkey 2-0 Wales – European Championship Qualifying
- 16/06/21 – Turkey 0-2 Wales – Euro 2020
- 20/08/97 – Turkey 6-4 Wales – World Cup Qualifying
- 14/12/96 – Wales 0-0 Turkey – World Cup Qualifying
- 25/03/81 – Turkey 0-1 Wales – World Cup Qualifying
Wales have won four of their previous eight meetings with Turkey, while they’ve never lost or conceded a goal at home against them.