Newcastle gear themselves up for a crucial summer as Eddie Howe prepares his side for Champions League football next season.
Against the odds — despite the injection of limitless wealth in October 2021 — The Magpies broke the glass ceiling and secured a top-four finish in the 2022/23 Premier League season. Tyneside is now braced for the arrival of Europe’s biggest and most prestigious clubs next campaign.
Fixtures for the summer have already been confirmed by the club, including their obligatory match-up against Gateshead, as well as more adventurous journeys to Philadelphia, Atlanta and New Jersey across the pond.
Below, we provide the details of those trips, including which clubs they will be playing, and how to watch the games.
Newcastle 2023/24 pre-season fixture list
- July 15: Gateshead vs Newcastle (International Stadium, Gateshead)
- July 18: Rangers vs Newcastle (Ibrox, Glasgow)
- July 23: Newcastle vs Aston Villa (Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia)
- July 26: Chelsea vs Newcastle (Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta)
- July 28: Brighton vs Newcastle (Red Bull Arena, New Jersey)
Bet365 welcome offer: Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets
Not signed up to bet365 yet? Here's how to claim one of the best bookmaker welcome offers around...
- Open an account (here's a link)
- Make a qualifying deposit of between £5* and £10*
- Claim the offer to receive three times your deposit in 'Free Bets'.
- To release your 'Free Bets', place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit and allow those bets to settle.
- Your 'Free Bets' will become available shortly after your qualifying bets have settled
- To use your 'Free Bets', select 'Use bet credits' in the bet slip.
New Customers only. Bet £10* & Get £30* in Free Bets. Sign up, deposit between £5* and £10* to your account and bet365 will give you three times that value in Free Bets when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. 18+ only. begambleaware.org
How to live stream Newcastle’s 2023/24 pre-season online
The games will be available to watch in the UK on Newcastle’s official streaming service, NUFC TV.
When does the 2023/24 season start for Newcastle?
The Premier League will be the first competition Newcastle take part in for the 2023/24 season and that gets underway on August 12.
The fixtures are set to be released on June 15.
What transfer activity have Newcastle done so far?
The 2023/24 transfer window for Premier League clubs only officially opened on June 14, but already plenty of activity has occurred.
And Newcastle are one of those to make a fast start with the recent acquisition of teenage sensation Yankuba Minteh from Odense for £5.8m. He has been loaned out immediately to Feyenoord, while Matty Longstaff — brother of Sean — and Ciaran Clark have been released.