England require just a draw against China to advance to the Women’s World Cup knockout stages on Tuesday (12pm BST).
England vs China odds
England vs China odds
|England Women||Draw||China Women|
|9/20 @ Bet365||10/3 @ 888 Sport||13/2 @ Betfair|
England may not have been firing on all cylinders, but they have still collected maximum points from their opening two games.
Haiti and Denmark have both been beaten 1-0, and the reigning European champions will be eager to build momentum heading into the knockout stages.
China bounced back from a 1-0 defeat to Denmark by beating Haiti by the same scoreline to keep their hopes of progression alive.
They must now better the Danes’ result against the Haitians to stand any chance of advancing.
England vs China predictions
England vs China: Predictions
|BTTS?||No||8/13 with Betfair|
|Correct score||2-0||5/1 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||Alessia Russo||9/2 with Sky Bet|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our England vs China predictions:
- England have won each of their last seven group-stage matches at the Women’s World Cup
- China have failed to score in each of their last four group-stage matches at the Women’s World Cup
- England have scored in a record-equalling 15 successive Women’s World Cup matches
- China have not won successive matches at the Women’s World Cup since 1999
- England have won their final group game at each of the last five Women’s World Cups in which they have appeared
England vs China goalscorer tip
Although still seeking her first goal of the tournament, Russo has led the line in both of England’s opening two matches.
She registered a game-high six shots on goal against Haiti, five of which were on target.
England vs China Bet-Builder tip
England have yet to concede a goal at this World Cup, and they will fancy recording a third successive clean sheet.
The Lionesses will also be confident of extending their impressive scoring streak in matches, and they would make history by finding the net again here.
Russo has been unlucky not to open her account at the finals, registering a combined eight shots with success. But now would be an ideal time for her fortunes to change heading into the crunch stages of the tournament.
England vs China team news
England will be without star midfielder Keira Walsh, who limped off during the victory over Denmark. But with the Lionesses’ passage to the knockout stages still not guaranteed, Sarina Wiegman is likely to field as strong a side as possible.
England team news
China are unlikely to make too many alterations to the side that overcame Haiti. Although, they will have to make do without the suspended Zhang Rui, who was sent off in that encounter.
China team news
England vs China head-to-head record
- October 23, 2015 – China 2-1 England – Friendly
- April 9, 2015 – England 2-1 China – Friendly
- January 15, 2010 – China 2-2 England – Friendly
- January 25, 2007 – China 2-0 England – Four Nations
China have prevailed in two of the four previous meetings between the nations, their sole defeat coming in April 2015.
England vs China Squawka Says
Recommended bet12:00 pm Tuesday August 01
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 5/1 Bet with Bet365 Free Bet Offers – Bet £10 get £30 when you sign up – December 2023