The new Brazilian Serie A season gets underway this weekend with Flamengo hosting Palmeiras in their opening game on Sunday at 8pm (UK time).
Flamengo are the reigning Brazilian champions and will be looking to get their title defence off to a positive start against the league’s most successful side, Palmeiras.
How to live stream Flamengo vs Palmeiras online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Flamengo vs Palmeiras live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (15:00, 29/05/21).
Where to watch Flamengo vs Palmeiras on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: Paramount+
Scoreline prediction: Flamengo 1-1 Palmeiras
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Flamengo vs Palmeiras build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Defending Brazilian champions, Flamengo built up to the new campaign with a positive start in the Copa Libertadores, securing top spot in their group. Rogerio Ceni’s side finished the group stage unbeaten, with three wins and three draws from their six games, keeping them in Pot 1 for the knockout draw. But that will be pushed to one side as Flamengo look to get a statement win on the opening weekend of the new Brazilian Serie A campaign, against a Palmeiras side that will look to get back to the top.
Having finished in the top three in four consecutive seasons between 2016 and 2019, including two title wins, 10-time champions Palmeiras suffered a drop last season, finishing seventh. But, like Flamengo, they were in the Copa Libertadores group stage, securing automatic entry thanks to winning the competition in 2020 (avoiding the qualifying rounds based on their league finish). Palmeiras did lose in the group stage, but only once, winning the other five to finish top of Group A – only Atletico Mineiro won more points than them.
- Flamengo (vs Velez Sarsfield): Alves; Isla, Caio, Gustavo Henrique, Filipe Luis; Ribeiro, Gerson, Diego, De Arrascaeta; Barbosa, Pedro.
- Palmeiras (vs Universitario): Weverton; Barbosa, Gomez, Empereur; Menino, Scarpa, Danilo, Ze Rafael, Vina; Wesley, Willian.
Flamengo are missing Thiago Maia, Rene and Cesar, while Breno Lopes, Benjamin Kuscevic, Marcos Rocha and Renan are injury doubts for Palmeiras.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Flamengo: This weekend’s game will see two of the four Copa Libertadores top scorers go head to head in the league, with Flamengo’s representative none other than Gabriel Barbosa. Gabigol is one of the most well-known Brazilian Serie A players in the world, especially for his exploits in the Copa Libertadores. In this season’s edition, he has scored six goals in six games, and he has also already scored against Palemeiras, netting in the Supercopa do Brasil win back in April. Gabigol ended last season’s Brazilian Serie A with 14 goals in 25 games, and he will be hoping for a fast start this year.
- Palmeiras: In Palmeiras’ corner, Rony will be looking to continue his excellent start to the 2021 season. The Brazilian has also scored six goals in the Copa Libertadores to add to another in the Recopa Sudamericana, albeit in defeat. Unlike Barbosa, Rony won’t had too much trouble bettering his league tally from last season, having managed just five goals in 23 appearances, in an underwhelming domestic campaign across the club.
Recent form (all competitions):
- Flamengo: DDDWW
- Palmeiras: WLDLW
More live stream options: