Flamengo RJ will be looking for their fifth victory in the Copa Libertadores group A when they welcome Junior to the Maracanã on Thursday night at 01:30am (UK time).
Domenec Torrent’s side has been dominant in group A so far, winning four and losing just one of their five matches. More than that, Flamengo RJ have looked clinical in front of goal throughout this Copa Libertadores group stage campaign having netted 11 goals in just five rounds. They head into this clash high on confidence, having registered seven victories and just two draws in their last nine competitive outings. Regarding their domestic campaign, Flamengo find themselves 2nd in the Brazilian Serie A table tied on 34 points with current leaders Internacional.
Meanwhile, Junior were on a six-game winless streak across all competitions prior to their 0-2 away win at Pereira in the Colombian Primera A last weekend. Their Copa Libertadores group stage campaign has been a complete mixed bag with three loses and two victories in five rounds. However, they can still qualify into the next round with a victory here against Flamengo RJ combined with a defeat for Independiente del Valle against Barcelona SC.
Can the Brazilian side secure a fifth victory in group A? Or will Junior manage to qualify for the next Copa Libertadores round at the last time of asking?
Where to live stream Flamengo RJ vs Junior:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Flamengo RJ vs Junior live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (18:45, 21/10/2020)
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Flamengo and Junior’s previous line-ups:
- Flamengo (vs Corinthians): Souza Hugo, Filipe Luis, Souza, Gustavo Henrique, Isla, Thiago Maia, Gerson, Henrique, Vitinho, Ribeiro, Pedro.
- Junior (vs Pereira): Viera, Fuentes, Mera, Rosero, Viafara, Gonzalez, Vasquez, Sanchez, Cardenas, Rangel, Valencia.
Giorgian De Arrascaeta should be back in the Flamengo RJ squad following the international break, while Joao Lucas and Pedro Rocha Neves are still on the sidelines.
There are no fresh injury concerns for Junior ahead of this fixture.
Players to watch:
- Flamengo: There are no fresh injury concerns for Torrent ahead of this tie, but the team is already qualified for the next stage of the competition, which means that the 58-years-old coach can rest some of his important players. This means we should see Bruno Henrique in the starting lineup here, especially after his brace against Independiente del Valle last time out in the Copa Libertadores. The 29-year-old striker played in the Bundesliga for Wolfsburg between 2017-2019 before moving to Santos. He joined Flamengo RJ one year ago and managed to score 37 goals across all competitions since then. Bruno’s recent form has seen him score five goals in his last seven appearances across all competitions, including an excellent strike against Corinthians last weekend.
- Junior: As we have mentioned before, Junior haven’t enjoyed such a great time recently, especially while going forward. However, Miguel Borja seems to be Junior’s most dangerous man in front of goal despite this being only his first season for Junior. The 27-year-old striker has scored 7 goals across all competitions so far this season, which also includes a goal in the Copa Libertadores. Borja has recorded just one strike in his last five appearances for Junior, but he will definitely look to get his name on the scoresheet tomorrow.