Bundesliga draw specialists RB Leipzig will look to move back into the top four when they travel to FC Koln on Monday.
No side has drawn more games than Die Roten Bullen (10) in the German top flight this season and it is these stalemates (including 2-2 against Hertha Berlin last time out) which have seen them drift away in the title race.
FC Koln have drawn two of their last three games themselves, although they fell to a 3-1 defeat to Hoffenheim in their last match, which has all bur ruled them out of the race for a Europa League spot.
Can one of these sides get back to winning ways, or will it be yet another share of the spoils?
How to live stream FC Koln vs RB Leipzig and watch on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 1
- US: Fox Sports 2
Where to live stream the game:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming FC Koln vs RB Leipzig live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. Odds and promotions within this article are accurate at time of writing (1.30pm, 31/05/20)
US: Readers based in the States can try Fubo.
FC Koln and RB Leipzig’s previous line-ups:
- FC Koln (vs Hoffenheim): Horn; Ehizibue, Bornauw, Leistner, Schmitz; Skhiri, Rexhbecaj; Drexler, Uth, Jakobs; Cordoba.
- RB Leipzig (vs Hertha): Gulacsi; Adams, Klostermann, Upamecano, Halstenberg; Olmo, Sabitzer, Laimer, Nkunku; Schick, Werner.
Sebastiaan Bornauw was sent off against Hoffenheim and will be suspended for this one, while FC Koln will also be without the injured Marcel Risse.
Marcel Halstenberg is also suspended for Leipzig, who will be without striker Yussuf Poulsen. Kevin Kampl, Ethan Ampadu and Ibrahima Konate are all doubtful.
Players to watch:
- FC Koln: The Billy Goats have conceded seven goals in three games since the return of the Bundesliga and keeping the opposition at bay has been one of their Achilles heels and the reason they’ve slipped away in the race for Europa League football. Jonas Hector was rested in midweek but should be one of the first players Markus Gisdol will entrust with keeping this vibrant RB Leipzig side quiet. The Koln skipper has lined up at both left-back and defensive midfield this season and while he ranks second at the club for interceptions (41), he’s also third in terms of key passes (20). He’ll be key at both ends of the pitch. Lauded for his loyalty, Hector was asked whether he wanted to join Liverpool a couple years ago amid reports claiming Jurgen Klopp was interested in signing him to replace Alberto Moreno. “Why would I go there, when I have everything I need in Cologne?” was his response.
- RB Leipzig: Much of the attention has quite rightly been on Timo Werner for Leipzig this season, but his partner in crime, Poulsen, is out of action for this one. The burden of linking up with and creating space for Werner will now fall to Patrick Schick, who has still managed eight goals and two assists in the Bundesliga this season despite not always being guaranteed his starting place. Like Poulsen, Schick is known for his strength and aerial dominance and should be the perfect partner for Leipzig‘s Golden Boot-chasing assassin. He is also the most expensive transfer deal Roma ever agreed, surpassing the previous record set when Gabriel Batistuta joined from Fiorentina in 2000.
Scoreline prediction: FC Koln 1-2 RB Leipzig
Bundesliga 2019/20 recent form:
- FC Koln: LDDLW
- RB Leipzig: DWDWD