Famalicão welcome Primeira Liga leaders Sporting CP on Saturday evening (6pm kick-off, UK time).
Rúben Amorim’s men are currently unbeaten in the championship having picked up seven wins across their opening eight league outings.
The Lions, who last called themselves kings of Portugal in 2002, will be looking to make it six league wins on the bounce when they visit Famalicão this weekend.
As for their hosts, they are looking to return to successful ways after losing 2-0 at Paços de Ferreira the week before. In fact, they’ve only managed one win in their last six league matches going into matchday nine.
Where to watch Famalicao vs Sporting on TV:
- UK: FreeSports
- US: GOLTV
Where to live stream Famalicao vs Sporting:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Famalicao vs Sporting live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (11:30, 04/12/20)
Famalicao & Sporting’s previous line-ups:
- Famalicao (vs Paços de Ferreira): Luiz Júnior; Herrera, Riccieli*, Babic, Dias; Assunção, Pereyra, Jaime; Robert, Trotta, Valenzuela.
- Sporting (vs Moreirense): Adán; Neto, Feddal, Coates; Porro, Mário, Palhinha, Mendes*; Santos, Gonçalves; Sporar.
Riccieli is available once again for the hosts after missing the last few games due to suspension. Anderson Silva is a doubt while Diogo Queirós and Vana Alves sit out. Stefan Ristovski and Nuno Mendes, meanwhile, are doubtful for the visitors.
Players to watch:
- Famalicao: Of the bottom fourteen clubs in Liga NOS this season, none has scored more goals than Famalicao, who have netted 11 times across eight league matches. Responsible for 36% of those strikes is their leading marksman, and former Tottenham academy graduate, Rúben Lameiras. Having missed out against Paços Ferreira, he’ll be determined to return and end a two-match goal drought. His previous efforts all came in a three-game span during October, however, those all ended with the points shared. If the hosts are to dent Sporting’s incredible run, having Lameiras on the field — given he’s proven in front of goal — is a must.
- Sporting: There’s no question who has been Sporting’s most valuable player this season. Heading into matchday nine, Pedro Gonçalves is on a goalscoring run most strikers would die for. The 22-year-old midfielder, who regularly plays behind the centre-forward, has struck nine times and scored in his last five Liga NOS appearances. It’s no wonder comparisons are being drawn with former club man and compatriot Bruno Fernandes as, like Manchester United’s current dynamo, Gonçalves is proving to be a difference-maker from the middle of the park. Naturally, if he keeps this up, it will not be long before interest from Europe’s super-clubs reaches fever pitch. But for now he — and his teammates — want nothing more than to end Sporting’s long-awaited return to the pinnacle of Portuguese football.
Liga NOS 2019/20 recent form:
- Famalicao: LWLDD
- Sporting: WWWWW
Scoreline prediction: Famalicao 0-2 Sporting
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
More live stream options: