The FA Cup fourth round draw has taken place ahead of Arsenal’s clash against Leeds United at the Emirates.
Premier League powerhouses Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea have all discovered their fates, so too have Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United, but only if they can navigate their way through tricky third-round replays against Middlesbrough and Wolves respectively.
When will the FA Cup fourth round ties take place? Five things to know…
- The 16 FA Cup fourth round ties are scheduled to take place between Friday, 24 January and Monday, 27 January.
- Games will be spread across all four days later this month.
- So far, 23 teams have guaranteed their passages to the last-32.
- FA Cup third-round replays are scheduled to take place in the week commencing Monday, 13 January 2020.
- As it stands there are eight replays set to take place, including Man Utd vs Wolves, Spurs vs Middlesbrough and Newcastle vs Rochdale.
The fourth-round fixtures are scheduled to take place across four days later this month between Friday, 24 January and Monday, 27 January.
There have been few surprises in English football’s flagship knockout competition this season, but the likes of Derby County and Fulham will be brimming with excitement after knocking out Premier League duo Crystal Palace and Aston Villa.
Reigning champions Man City eased past Port Vale, Liverpool triumphed in the Merseyside derby against Everton on Sunday, while Carlisle United and Northampton Town represent the remaining League Two sides in the competition.
There were a number of interesting matchups to have been drawn out of the hat, and so without further ado, here is the FA Cup fourth round draw in full:
- Watford or Tranmere Rovers vs Wolverhampton Wanderers or Manchester United
- Hull City vs Chelsea
- Southampton vs Middlesbrough or Tottenham Hotspur
- Queens Park Rangers vs Sheffield Wednesday
- Bournemouth vs Arsenal or Leeds United
- Northampton Town vs Derby County
- Brentford vs Leicester City
- Millwall vs Sheffield United
- Reading or Blackpool vs Cardiff City or Carlisle United
- West Ham United vs West Bromwich Albion
- Burnley vs Norwich City
- Bristol Rovers or Coventry City vs Birmingham City
- Manchester City vs Fulham
- Rochdale or Newcastle United vs Oxford United
- Portsmouth vs Barnsley
- Bristol City or Shrewsbury Town vs Liverpool