Everton have completed the signing of Italian striker Moise Kean from Juventus.
The 19-year-old scored seven goals in 17 senior appearances for the Old Lady last term and is highly regarded as one of the most exciting prospects in European Football.
Another one through the door at Everton: Five key things to know…
- Everton have announced the €27.5m (£25.17m) signing of Moise Kean from Juventus.
- The Italian has signed a five-year deal at Goodison Park.
- He joins Andre Gomes, Fabian Delph, Jonas Lossl and Jean-Philippe Gbamin as Everton’s new signings.
- Marco Silva admitted signing a striker was a “priority” this summer.
- Kean has 12 goals in 41 senior appearances so far at club level.
Now, he will continue his development on the blue half of Merseyside having signed a five-year deal with the Toffees. Juventus confirmed the transfer was completed for a €27.5m (£25.17m) fee, payable over three years, with a further €2.5m (£2.2m) in add-ons.
Kean, who already has two goals in three senior caps for Italy, spoke of his “pride” at being able to wear the Everton shirt and was “convinced” by the club’s ambition for the future.
“I am very proud and honoured to wear the Everton shirt. I will give my best to this team,” Kean told evertontv.
“I was convinced to sign because Everton is a club looking to the future and so am I. I know about the size of the Club. It has big ambition and I will work very hard to help us fulfil what we want to achieve.
“I am used to winning and I want to bring this winning attitude to the team. I hope I will be very good on the field and bring the fans joy.”
Everton boss Marco Silva has expressed his delight at solving the striking problem which has plagued Goodison Park since Romelu Lukaku’s departure in 2017 and believes Kean has all the attributes to be a massive success this season.
“A striker was one of our priority signings this summer,” he said.
“Moise is strong, fast, with many good qualities as a striker and he is just 19 years old. He has talent and he is ready to work, ready to improve our squad and gives us different solutions.
“Of course he was at a big club, now he’s come to another big club and is ready to fight for this challenge and to give everything to Everton Football Club.”
The Toffees have already secured the arrivals of Andre Gomes, Fabian Delph, Jonas Lossl and Jean-Philippe Gbamin during the summer window as their spending edges closer to the £100m mark.
Everton kick off their Premier League campaign away to Crystal Palace on Saturday.