The second in a three-match series takes place on Saturday (14:30UK time) with India hoping to seal a series victory following their victory in the first match on Thursday.
India picked up a 50 run victory on Thursday with England putting in a subpar performance and failing to make 150 runs. India were very consistent throughout the order with three of their middle order hitting 30 runs or more.
By contrast, England struggled at the wicket with Jos Buttler and Liam Livingstone both being bowled for ducks. Ali Moeen was the only player on the English side to reach 30 runs leaving the 198 total set by India too far to reach.
Bet365 welcome offer: How to get up to £50 in free bets
- Open an account (here's a link)
- Make a qualifying deposit of between £5* and £10*
- Claim the offer to receive five times your deposit in 'Free Bets'.
- To release your 'Free Bets', place qualifying bets to the value of the your qualifying deposit and allow those bets to settle.
- Your 'Free Bets' will become available shortly after your qualifying bets have settled
- To use your 'Free Bets', select 'Use bet credits' in the bet slip.
18+ only. Please play responsibly. For more information, visit Be Gamble Aware. Time limits and Ts&Cs apply (see above and Bet365's sign-up page). Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake.
England vs India latest odds
You have to be 18+ to gamble. All odds within this article are accurate at the time of writing (08:00, 07/07/2022). BeGambleAware.
England vs India betting tips from Squawka Bet
- A Boundary Hit In Each of the 1st 3 Overs of the Match @11/10 with Sky Bet
- England To Win the Match & Both Teams To Score 160+ Runs Each @4/1 with Sky Bet
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
Paddy Power betting offer: How to get £20 in free bets
- Follow THIS LINK (or click the image below) to open a new account using promo code YSKWEX
- Deposit a minimum of £10 using a card.
- Place a Sportsbook bet on Football. For the purposes of this promotion, your first ever settled bet will be counted as the qualifying bet.
- Qualifying requirements must be completed within 90 days of account opening.
18+ only. Place your FIRST bet on any Football market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made via Cards will be eligible for the promotion (Apple Pay excluded). T&Cs apply. Please Gamble Responsibly. For more information, visit begambleaware.org.
Match prediction: England to comeback with statement win
It wasn’t a good day at the office for England on Thursday evening with India setting them a target of 199 to win and England falling well short with just 148 runs. The 50 run loss wasn’t good enough at all and the hosts will know they have to find a win at Edgbaston to keep themselves in the series.
Five runs in the first two overs set the tone for the home side and they’ll need a much quicker start to try and get nearer 200. India, on the other hand, raced into a healthy total hitting the boundary five times in the first 18 balls and ended up on 29 runs after their first three hours. A boundary to be hit in each of the 1st 3 overs of the match seems like a decent bet regardless of who opts to bat first.
With India having a stronger squad than the first international, England will really have to up their game and show why they are considered the 2nd best T20 side in the world. Jos Buttler in particular will be keen to get back to his best following his 0 on Thursday and he’s England’s best chance of a high run total based on his season in the IPL. With the series on the line, England will be looking for a big total and we’re backing them to pick up the win on Saturday but with India still having a lot of class in the batting order, we think both sides will score 160 or more runs.