Real Madrid will look to end 2020 on a high when they travel to Elche in La Liga on Wednesday at 8:30pm (UK time).
Los Blancos have drawn level in the table with leaders and city rivals Atletico Madrid on 32 points, although they have played two games more. Elche, meanwhile, are struggling at the other end of the table, taking just 15 points from 13 games so far, only outside the relegation zone on goal difference.
Where to watch Elche vs Real Madrid on TV:
- UK: LaLigaTV
- US: beIN Sports
How to live stream Elche vs Real Madrid online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Elche vs Real Madrid live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (13:30, 28/12/2020).
Scoreline prediction: Elche 1-3 Real Madrid
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Elche vs Real Madrid build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
After a tough start to the season, Real Madrid finally appear to have hit their stride, winning their last six games across all competitions, five of which have been in La Liga. Zinedine Zidane’s men have conceded just two goals during that time with wins against Sevilla and rivals Atletico Madrid along the way.
Having won three of their first five games of the season, Elche are now eight without victory in La Liga, drawing five and losing three in a run which has seen them sink to 17th in the table (though they do have as many as three games in hand on the teams around them).
Only two teams have scored fewer goals than Jorge Almiron’s side in the Spanish top flight this season and, to make matters worse, Elche are enduring an eight-game losing streak against Real Madrid. Another loss here would inflict their 300th all-time La Liga defeat, with their record so far standing at 206 wins, 186 draws and 299 defeats from 691 outings.
- Elche (vs Osasuna): Badia; Barragan, Verdu, Calvo, Sanchez Mino; Marcone; Josan, Tete Morente, Fidel, Rigoni; Boye.
- Real Madrid (vs Granada): Courtois; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Mendy; Valverde, Casemiro, Kroos; Vazquez, Benzema, Rodrygo*.
Diego Gonzalez and Omenuke Mfulu are both fitness doubts but Almiron can call upon forward Guido Carrillo if required after he returned from the bench to score against Osasuna last time out.
Rodrygo is out with a muscle problem but Luka Modric is back to full fitness and could start.
Players to watch:
- Elche: Almiron’s side have scored just seven goals during their recent eight-game winless streak, and Argentine forward Lucas Boye has been responsible for two of those. The 24-year-old has netted three times across 10 La Liga outings so far and is the only Elche player with more than three non-penalty goals in the Spanish top-flight throughout 2020/21 to this point. Boye has averaged a team-high 2.4 successful take-ons per 90 minutes during that time and it’s his trickery and cutting edge in the final third which could play a key role in Elche avoiding a ninth consecutive defeat at the hands of Real Madrid, and a 300th overall in La Liga.
- Real Madrid: Top scorer in La Liga with eight goals and responsible for 30% of Real Madrid’s 27 strikes so far, Karim Benzema has continued to roll back the years in 2020/21. Now 33, Benzema has scored no fewer than 50 goals in the Spanish top-flight since the start of the 2018/19 season having only managed five across the entire 2017/18 campaign, while he’s also managed an impressive 18 assists during that time. In the here and now, Benzema has notched six goals and two assists in his last five games across all competitions, and it feels like he’s primed and ready to add to his one solitary strike in games against Elche.
La Liga 2020/21 recent form:
- Elche: DLLDD
- Real Madrid: WWWWW
More live stream options: