Borussia Monchengladbach will be looking to keep their slim title hopes alive when they travel to face Eintracht Frankfurt on Saturday.
Monchengladbach are currently fourth, six points behind league leaders Bayern Munich with nine games left to play and have won three of their past five games, although they will have been hurt by a 2-1 defeat to Borussia Dortmund.
However, Marco Rose’s side will also need to look over their shoulders at the chasing pack in the race for a Champions League spot with Bayer Leverkusen just two points behind.
After earning praise for their run to the Europa League semi-finals last season, things haven’t gone as planned for Eintracht Frankfurt this year, with the Eagles languishing in 12th place.
They are just six points ahead of Fortuna Dusseldorf in the relegation play-off spot after losing 4-0 to Bayer Leverkusen in their last league game, although they may still have an eye on the teams above them with nine points between Eintracht Frankfurt and sixth-placed Schalke.
Where to watch Eintracht Frankfurt vs Borussia Monchengladbach on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 1 (kick-off 17:30 UK time)
- US: N/A
Where to live stream the game:
- UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Eintracht Frankfurt vs Borussia Monchengladbach live can do so by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. Any odds or promotions within this article are accurate at time of production (10:00, 16/05/20)
- US: Readers based in the States can try Fubo, who are currently running a free trial offer.
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Borussia Monchengladbach confirmed line-ups:
- Frankfurt: Trapp; Toure, Abraham, Hinteregger, NDicka; Ilsanker; Kamada, Rode, Sow, Kostic; Dost
- Gladbach: Sommer; Lainer, Ginter, Elvedi, Bensebaini; Strobl, Neuhaus; Thuram, Hofmann, Plea; Embolo.
For Frankfurt, Stefan Ilsanker comes in for Makoto Hasebe at the base of midfield and Bas Dost leads the line after missing the last game.
— Eintracht Frankfurt (@eintracht_eng) May 16, 2020
Players to watch:
- Eintracht Frankfurt: While the Eagles lost a lot of their key players from last season’s run to the Europa League final, with Sebastien Haller, Ante Rebic and Luka Jovic moving on, Filip Kostic was one to stay, making his loan move from Hamburg permanent. In what has been an underwhelming league season for Eintracht Frankfurt, Kostic has been the man to rely on for his creativity, with only Christopher Nkunku (65) and Thomas Muller (60) created more chances than his 50 in the Bundesliga.
- Monchengladbach: Despite all their attacking talent, Yann Sommer has been the club’s man of the season so far. The Swiss shot-stopper has been ever-present in the Bundesliga this season and so key to Monchengladbach having the third-best defence in the league, with only Bayern Munich and RB Leipzig conceding fewer goals. The busiest goalkeeper in the Bundesliga making 90 saves, Sommer has proven unbeatable at times, saving 74.58% of the shots he has face this season, one of the highest records in the German top-flight.
Scoreline prediction: Eintracht Frankfurt 0-3 Borussia Monchengladbach
Bundesliga 2019/20 table and most recent form (after gameweek 25):
- Eintracht Frankfurt: LLLWD
- Borussia Monchengladbach: WLWDW