Real Madrid will look to extend their recent winning streak when they travel to Eibar on Sunday at 8:00pm (UK time).
Eibar XI: Dmitrovic; Pozo, Bigas, Arbilla, Rodrigues; Inui, Diop, Exposito, Gil; Muto, Kike.
Real Madrid XI: Courtois; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Mendy; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Vazquez, Benzema, Rodrygo.
Los Blancos endured a wretched start to 2020/21 but have rallied in recent weeks, winning their last four games across all competitions, three of which have been in La Liga.
Where to watch Eibar vs Real Madrid on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 1
- US: beIN Sports
Where to live stream Eibar vs Real Madrid:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Eibar vs Real Madrid live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (11:30, 19/12/2020)
Scoreline prediction: Eibar 0-2 Real Madrid
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Eibar vs Real Madrid build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
As a result of their recent turnaround, Zinedine Zidane’s men have climbed to third in table, only three points behind Atletico Madrid and level with Real Sociedad, although they have played more games than the former.
However, if Real Madrid think they’ll get an easy ride at Eibar, they’re sorely mistaken. Despite being down in 13th, José Luis Mendilibar’s side have the fourth-best defensive record in La Liga, conceding just 10 goals so far, while they’ve been breached just once in their last four games.
Converting draws into wins has been a problem thus far for the Basque side, but a point against the reigning champions would be a welcome one, and one which they’ll be fighting hard to attain.
- Eibar (vs Real Sociedad): Dmitrovic; Rober*, Burgos*, Bigas*, Arbilla; Pozo, Diop, Exposito, Gil; Muto, Kike.
- Real Madrid (vs Athletic Club): Courtois; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Mendy; Modric, Kroos; Vazquez, Valverde, Vinicius Jr; Benzema.
Mendilibar has a number of absences to deal with as he prepares for the visit of Real Madrid. Esteban Burgos is suspended, while Cote, Quique Gonzalez and Rober Correa are all out. Kevin Rodrigues, Pedro Bigas, Paulo Oliveira and Sergi Enrich are doubts.
Casemiro returns for Real Madrid following suspension but Luka Jovic, Eden Hazard and Mariano Diaz all remain doubtful.
Players to watch:
- Eibar: No side has scored fewer home goals (1) in Europe’s top five leagues this season than Eibar so, naturally, it’s that rock-solid defence which is most likely to see them through against Real Madrid. Left-back Anaitz Arbilla has been one of the standout performers across that resolute backline, making more interceptions (33) than any other Eibar player, while ranking third at the club for tackles (17). In fact, no player in Mendilibar’s squad has won possession in the defensive third on more occasions than Arbilla (35). Considering the wealth of wide talent at Zidane’s disposal, Arbilla will need to bring his A-game this weekend.
- Real Madrid: Los Blancos are going to find it incredibly tough to break down this Eibar unit but if anyone can inspire a glut of goals, it’s Karim Benzema. The French striker has been a renewed force over the past couple of years and that hasn’t changed this season, with the 32-year-old grabbing 10 goals and three assists in 16 appearances across all competitions so far. Benzema has notched two braces in his last three appearances and did exactly that the last time these two sides met. He certainly has the keys to unlock this Eibar defence.
La Liga 2020/21 recent form:
- Eibar: DDWDD
- Real Madrid: WWWLD
More live stream options: