Borussia Dortmund will look to put an end to their recent slump when they host Augsburg on Saturday at 2:30pm (UK time).
Edin Terzic’s side have taken just one point from their last three games, losing each of their last two outings, while Augsburg have been inconsistent themselves but did manage a win against Union Berlin last time out.
How to live stream Dortmund vs Augsburg online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Dortmund vs Augsburg live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (14:30, 28/01/2021).
Where to watch Dortmund vs Augsburg on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: ESPN+
Scoreline prediction: Dortmund 3-1 Augsburg
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Dortmund vs Augsburg build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Following their impressive 3-1 win away at RB Leipzig at the start of January, you would have been forgiven for thinking Dortmund had their title challenge back on track. However, since then, they have failed to win a single game, drawing 1-1 with Mainz before losing to both Bayer Leverkusen (2-1) and Borussia Monchengladbach (4-2).
This is a run which has seen Dortmund slip to seven in the table, opening up a 13-point gap between themselves and leaders Bayern Munich to end any hopes of toppling their great rivals. Even so, Terdic’s side remain only three points adrift of Champions League qualification and must return to form quickly to ensure they keep up with the chasing pack.
Augsburg, meanwhile, have struggled for consistency since opening the season with two wins and a draw and have dropped to 12th in the table.
That said, they did manage a 2-1 win over Union Berlin last time out to end a three-match losing streak and another victory here would move Heiko Herrlich’s side to within just four points of Dortmund.
- Dortmund (vs Gladbach): Burki; Morey, Akanji, Hummels, Guerreiro; Bellingham, Can; Brandt, Reus, Sancho; Haaland.
- Augsburg (vs Union Berlin): Gikiewicz; Oxford, Gouweleeuw, Uduokhai; Caligiuri, Strobl, Gruezo, Iago; Hahn, Richter; Niederlechner.
Dortmund remain without the injured quartet of Thorgan Hazard, Axel Witsel, Dan-Axel Zagadou and Marcel Schmelzer, while Giovanni Reyna and Thomas Meunier are both doubts.
Raphael Framberger and Jan Moravek are both injured for Augsburg, who may also be without Noah Joel Sarenren Bazee, Felix Gotze and Ruben Vargas, although the latter may be ready to return from an ankle injury.
18+ only. UK residents only. All winnings are credited in cash and can be withdrawn. Deposit £20 to £100 to receive free bets matching deposit. Free bets credited as four equal free bets. The qualifying bet must have odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater. The qualifying period runs for 7 days from the date of registration. Standard BetBull General Promotions Rules Apply. Standard BetBull Terms & Conditions Apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Dortmund: Though they fell to another defeat, Dortmund fans will no doubt have been glad to see Erling Haaland return to the scoresheet against Gladbach, ending a two-match goalless streak for former RB Salzburg man. Only Robert Lewandowski (23) has scored more than Haaland’s 14 Bundesliga goals this season, a total which accounts for a massive 40% of Dortmund’s strikes so far and leaves him 11 clear of his nearest teammates, Gio Reyna, Marco Reus and Mats Hummels. As always, the rumour mill is alive with stories of players — including Jadon Sancho and Gio Reyna — set to leave Dortmund if they don’t secure Champions League football but it is thought that the club will fight tooth and nail to keep Haaland. The 20-year-old could do his employers a huge favour by firing them to victory, and thus closer to the Champions League utopia, here.
- Augsburg: At long last, Florian Niederlechner has ended his Bundesliga drought, netting both goals in the 2-1 win over Union Berlin last time out. Prior to Saturday’s brace, the 30-year-old’s only goal this season had come in a 7-0 DFB-Pokal win over fifth-tier MTV Eintracht Celle in the first game of the season — an uncharacteristic dry spell by his standards. However, it’s important to remember that Niederlechner managed 13 goals and six assists in the Bundesliga last season and, on his day, can use his physical traits to knock opposing centre-backs all over the pitch. Given Dortmund’s recent defensive frailties, Niederlechner will certainly be confident of adding to his tally this weekend.
Bundesliga 2020/21 recent form:
- Dortmund: LLDWW
- Augsburg: WLLLW
More live stream options: