The 125th meeting between Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich will undoubtedly be the most anticipated match of this crowdless Bundesliga era.
No fewer than four points separate the league’s top two teams with Bayern, who are aiming for an eighth successive championship, leading the way. Hans-Dieter Flick’s men are on a five-match winning streak and unbeaten in their last 13 league games on the bounce.
Dortmund are matching their title rivals stride for stride and will be looking to avenge their humbling 4-0 loss to Bayern from earlier this season. BVB‘s record against the Bavarian giants at home of late has been mixed. Under the leadership of four different managers, they’ve mustered two wins across seven matches – including three defeats.
Given the plethora of incredible talent on both sides, this is a game that should live up to the hype. The onus, though, is on Dortmund, who know defeat could all but hand Bayern this season’s league title.
Where to watch Borussia Dortmund v Bayern Munich on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 1
- US: Fox Sports 1
Borussia Dortmund v Bayern Munich live stream:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account who are already interested in streaming Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All promotions within this article accurate at time of publication (26/05/20, 13:00)
US: Readers based in the States can try Fubo, who are currently running a free trial offer.
Borussia Dortmund & Bayern Munich confirmed lineups:
Borussia Dortmund team
🚨 Our Starting XI against FC Bayern 🚨 pic.twitter.com/zkcvZkU4Sw
— Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) May 26, 2020
Bayern Munich team
— FC Bayern English (@FCBayernEN) May 26, 2020
Players to watch:
- Borussia Dortmund: Lucien Favre had at least one big decision to make in regards to team news and that involved their most creative player Jadon Sancho, who hasn’t started in any of their previous three Bundesliga appearances and has now been overlooked on Tuesday evening too. A troublesome calf injury played a role in Favre’s decision to start him on the bench against Schalke 04 and then Wolfsburg, but the England international proved his worth on Saturday by setting up a goal for the 16th time this season. That is the most any Dortmund player has ever managed within a single Bundesliga campaign. The memory of their last meeting, in which Sancho was hauled off before half-time, may have played a role in Favre’s thinking, but if anyone can pose Alphonso Davies problems surely it will be Sancho? However, any potential impact he makes will have to come from the bench. Thorgan Hazard has been involved in five goals across his last four appearances and has retained his spot alongside Erling Haaland and Julian Brandt.
- Bayern Munich: The reigning and defending German champions have their own weapons and former Dortmund marksman Robert Lewandowski – who has netted 18 times past them across 19 games since moving to Bayern in 2013 – is undoubtedly a threat. But a goalscorer is only as good as his service. And this is where Thomas Müller comes into the picture. He’s been in stellar creative form of late, registering a 17th assist of the campaign last time out against Frankfurt. Not only is this his best return in a single season but he’s four away from equalling Kevin De Bruyne‘s competition record for individual campaigns. If anyone is able to exploit the space against BVB from a Bayern perspective, it’s the self-confessed “raumdeuter”.
Recent Bundesliga 2019/20 form:
Borussia Dortmund: WWWWW
Bayern Munich: WWWWW