Dani Ceballos has insisted he made the right decision by leaving Real Madrid for Arsenal on loan in the summer.
The midfielder is back in the Spain squad after impressing since leaving the Bernabeu to play regularly in the Premier League.
How well is Ceballos doing at Arsenal? Five things to know…
- Ceballos scored his first goal for Arsenal against Standard Liege in the Europa League last week.
- He is yet to score in the Premier League but has provided two assists – no Arsenal player has registered more.
- Only Nicolas Pepe (12) has created more chances for the Gunners in the league than Ceballos (9).
- Pepe (25) is also the only Arsenal player to have completed more take-ons than Ceballos (11).
- The 23-year-old has returned to the Spain squad since his loan move after being left out in the summer.
After making 34 appearances across all competitions for Real Madrid in 2018/19, Ceballos had to make a decision between staying put or leaving for more regular game time this summer.
He ultimately chose to join Arsenal on loan, and the former Real Betis star claims to have no regrets about his choice.
“Real Madrid are doing pretty good,” Ceballos told reporters. “I know there are several injured players. I am now in Arsenal, I feel very good.
“I was clear that I wanted to leave. I have been successful leaving Madrid. Right now I am where I want to be and I am very happy.
“My idea was to go out, play and enjoy football. In the previous two years I had not done so. I was successful in going out…because I am in the Spanish team.”
Spain face Norway and Sweden during the international break.