Manchester United forward Daniel James has been compared to Kylian Mbappe by Hungary manager Marco Rossi.
The former Swansea youngster has been in superb form since arriving at Old Trafford and his progress has not gone unnoticed by opposition managers.
Dan James – Wales’ Kylian Mbappe? Five things to know…
- James joined Man Utd this summer from Swansea in a deal worth £15m.
- The winger has quickly established himself, playing in all 12 league games this season.
- He has become a key man for Wales too, despite being only 22-years-old.
- Known for his blistering pace, he recorded the third-highest number of fast breaks per 90 minutes (0.25) in the Championship last season.
- Hungary manager Marco Rossi has compared his ‘motorbike’ qualities to that of Kylian Mbappe.
The 22-year-old has been in good form since his arrival at Old Trafford over the summer, scoring three goals and setting up another two in 12 Premier League appearances so far this season.
James has understandably been getting the plaudits from opposing managers and played the full 90 minutes during Wales’ crucial 2-0 Euro 2020 qualifying win over Hungary on Tuesday. Speaking ahead of that match, Rossi was quick to praise his Mbappe-like pace.
“James is a player that is playing with a motorbike because he is really fast,” he said.
“I have never seen someone in the last period as fast as him, maybe Mbappe. He’s unbelievable.”
James has played 10 times for Wales since being given his debut against Albania in November last year. He is already considered, along with Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey, one of the national team’s key players.
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.