Chile and Peru face off in South America’s 2022 World Cup qualifying on Friday with both looking to claim their first win (11pm kick-off).
The hosts have suffered late heartache in both of their opening games, losing 2-1 to Uruguay last month courtesy of a 93rd-minute Maxi Gomez winner, while Radamel Falcao netted in the 91st minute to deny Chile a first win, drawing Colombia level at 2-2.
Peru likewise have been embroiled in late drama, kicking off their qualification campaign with a 2-2 stalemate against Paraguay, which saw two goals in the final 10 minutes, including an 85th-minute equaliser from Andre Carrillo. Meanwhile Brazil bagged two goals in the dying embers to secure a 4-2 triumph.
Those results have left both nations languishing precariously outside the top four with just the single point apiece. This match therefore represents an opportunity for either Chile or Peru to put some significant points on the board and restore parity with the leading pack.
Where to watch Chile vs Peru on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: Fanatiz
Where to live stream Chile vs Peru:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Chile vs Peru live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (13:00, 12/11/20)
Chile & Peru’s previous line-ups:
- Chile (vs Colombia): Cortes; Isla, Sierralta, Diaz, Vegas; Baeza, Vidal, Aranguiz*; Pinares, Sanchez, Vargas*.
- Peru (vs Brazil): Gallese; Advincula, Zambrano*, Abram, Trauco; Tapia, Yotun, Aquino; Carrillo, Gonzales, Farfan*.
Real Betis goalkeeper Claudio Bravo missed both matches last month but returns to Reinaldo Rueda’s squad for November’s action and he is expected supplant Brayan Cortes between the sticks. Elsewhere, experienced duo Gary Medel and Charles Aranguiz are currently on the treatment tables and will have no say in Friday’s match, while Eduardo Vargas also misses out.
😍🇨🇱 Esta es la nómina de #LaRoja para la fecha de Eliminatorias ante Perú y Venezuela.
— Selección Chilena (@LaRoja) November 7, 2020
Distressingly for Peru their hopes of qualifying for the World Cup have taken a significant dent as talisman and captain Jefferson Farfan is currently sidelined and not expected back until the New Year, while seasoned defender Carlos Zambrano is also a notable absentee.
Anunciamos la lista de convocados para los encuentros ante @LaRoja 🇨🇱 y @Argentina 🇦🇷 por las fechas 03 y 04 de las Clasificatorias a la Copa del Mundo Qatar 2022. #UnidosSomosMásFuertes#ArribaPerú 💪 pic.twitter.com/drD08uM2IR
— Selección Peruana 🇵🇪 (@SeleccionPeru) October 30, 2020
Players to watch:
- Chile: Yet to rediscover his best form, pre-Manchester United, Alexis Sanchez remains absolutely indispensable to Chile and the nation’s aspirations of qualifying for Qatar 2022. He hasn’t quite done enough to convince Antonio Conte of a consistent starting berth at Inter Milan, but the incisive forward has been in stellar form at international level, netting in each match last month against Uruguay and Colombia. Having failed to make Russia 2018, Sanchez will be desperate to guide La Roja to the Middle East showpiece, but they must start putting points on the board to achieve that.
- Peru: The loss of Jefferson Farfan is a major blow to Ricardo Gareca, with the 37-year-old free agent still one of La Blanquirroja’s most valuable assets. With searing pace and a repertoire of tricks and skills, it is going to be hard for Peru to replicate their devastation in the final third without the exploits of Farfan. But, one player who could look to take centre stage and remedy the loss of Farfan is Andre Carrillo. The former Watford winger is now out in Saudi Arabia with Al-Hilal, but at just 29 he remains an explosive outlet on the flank for Peru, and if they are to get a result at the Estadio Nacional Julio Martinez Pradanos, they will need the winger to come to the fore.
Scoreline prediction: Chile 2-1 Peru
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
More live stream options: