Red Bull Salzburg striker Erling Braut Haaland says he’s “f***ing bored” with reports linking him with Manchester United.
The 19-year-old Norwegian has recently been making headlines through his performances in the Champions League subsequently making him a wanted man.
The rise and rise of Haaland: Five key things to know…
- Born in Leeds to former Leeds United and Man City defender Alf-Inge Haaland.
- Began at Bryne before moving onto Molde where he worked under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
- Made international headlines when he scored nine times past Honduras at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in May 2019.
- Became the first teenager since Wayne Rooney in 2004 to score a hat-trick on his Champions League debut for Red Bull Salzburg v Genk.
- Has subsequently been linked with Man Utd, but Haaland says he’s “bored” of those links.
Haaland, earlier this month against Belgian outfit Genk, became the first teenager since Wayne Rooney in 2004 to score two or more goals to score a hat-trick on his competition debut.
He’s since added one more goal in their 4-3 defeat at European champions Liverpool, which leaves him on four goals, meaning he’s the leading scorer alongside Bayern Munich forward Serge Gnabry.
All of this followed his record-breaking performance at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in May when he stunningly bagged nine goals against Honduras; this brought him to world attention and it hasn’t subsided.
One club reportedly keeping close tabs is Man Utd, managed by his former Molde coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, but when pressed about those links he was forthright in his words.
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
“It’s f*cking boring. I’m bored now,” he told VG.
“How bored on a scale of 1 to 10? 9.9.
“The media attention is huge. It’s good pressure
“The club is good at shielding me a little, but I hope it will be more shielding in the future. It will be difficult, but we will try. I want to be shielded.”