Atletico Madrid can all but confirm their place in next season’s Champions League with a win over struggling Celta Vigo in La Liga on Tuesday night (21:00).
Diego Simeone’s side have endured an underwhelming season following last summer’s spending spree and were in sixth place before the shutdown, but seven unbeaten games on the bounce since football’s return has set them on course to finish in third.
Celta, meanwhile, have experienced their own problems this season and sit just six points outside the relegation zone with four games remaining. A 5-1 defeat to Mallorca at the end of last month highlighted the vulnerabilities in Oscar Garcia Junyent’s side, and Atleti will look to expose those flaws.
The reverse fixture finished in a goalless stalemate in the capital, and both sides will not be averse to another point apiece as the season’s end draws near.
Where to watch Celta Vigo vs Atletico Madrid on TV:
- UK: LaLigaTV
- US: beIN Sports
Click HERE to access Sky Bet’s new customer offer. Terms & Conditions apply. 18 + only. First single & E/W bet only. Odds of 1/1 or greater. 2 x £10 bet tokens. Free bet stakes not included in returns. Free Bets are non-withdrawable. No free bet expiry. Eligibility restrictions. Further T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org.
Where to live stream Celta Vigo vs Atletico Madrid:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Celta Vigo vs Atletico Madrid live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (06/07/20, 10:30)
Celta Vigo & Atletico Madrid’s previous line-ups:
- Celta Vigo (vs Real Betis): Blanco; Comesana, Murillo, Araujo*, Olaza; Yokuslu, Beltran, Rafinha, Aspas, Nolito; Smolov.
- Atletico Madrid (vs Mallorca): Oblak; Trippier, Savic, Gimenez, Sanchez; Saul, Llorente, Carrasco, Koke; Felix, Morata.
Celta will have a hole in defence later this week with Nestor Araujo suspended following his yellow card against Betis. Atleti too will be without a star man through suspension as Diego Costa sits this one out having picked up his fifth booking of the campaign against Mallorca last Friday.
Players to watch:
- Celta Vigo: Iago Aspas. The former Liverpool forward has enjoyed another fruitful campaign in the light blue of Celta, and once again leads the scoring charts for the Galician club, with the 32-year-old currently on 13 La Liga goals for 2019/20 — at least three times more than Celta’s next leading marksman. This is the fifth successive season Aspas has netted double digits in the Spanish top flight, and while Celta could be drawn into relegation trouble over these next few weeks depending on results elsewhere, they should stave off that threat with relative ease if their talismanic forward continues to find the back of the net at his usual rate.
- Atletico Madrid: Alvaro Morata. When Chelsea offloaded the Spain international to Atleti and recuperated a large chunk of the transfer fee they initially shelled out for the forward’s services, it looked like a masterstroke from the board, but the 27-year-old is just beginning to rediscover his old form and could go on the establish a clinical partnership with Portuguese wonderkid Joao Felix in the years to come. With three goals in six since football’s return, including a brace on Friday, Morata will be eyeing up a strong end to the season and helping Atleti consolidate third place.
Scoreline prediction: Celta Vigo 0-2 Atletico Madrid
La Liga 2019/20 recent form:
- Celta Vigo: DLDWW
- Atletico Madrid: WDWWW