Barcelona will be looking to continue their rise up the La Liga table when they visit Cadiz on Saturday evening (8pm kick-off UK time).
Ronald Koeman’s men returned to winning ways last weekend, beating Osasuna 4-0 and now find themselves 10 points behind early leaders Real Sociedad, although the Blaugrana have played two games fewer. Barcelona were also victorious in the Champions League in midweek, beating Ferencvaros 3-0.
In what may come as a surprise to some, their opponents for the weekend, Cadiz, sit a place and point above them, but have won just once across their last five league outings. Can they become the latest to frustrate Barça or will the Catalan powerhouse register back-to-back wins for the first time since October?
Where to watch Cadiz vs Barcelona on TV:
- UK: LaLigaTV
- US: beIN SPORTS
Where to live stream Cadiz vs Barcelona:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Cadiz vs Barcelona live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (12:30, 04/12/20)
Cadiz & Barcelona’s previous line-ups:
- Cadiz (vs Elche): Ledesma; Carcelén, Fali, Mauro, Espino; Izquierdo, Jönsson, Fernández, Sánchez; Giménez, Malbašić.
- Barcelona (vs Ferencváros): Neto; Dest, Mingueza, Lenglet, Alba; Pjanic, Busquets; Trincão, Griezmann, Dembélé; Braithwaite.
The hosts are set to miss three players for Barça’s visit this weekend. Juan Cala, Luismi Quezada and José Mari are all ruled out with respective muscle injuries, while Alvaro Negredo is a doubt. Koeman, meanwhile, is still without Sergi Roberto, Gerard Pique, Samuel Umtiti Ansu Fati, but Lionel Messi is expected to return after being rested in midweek.
Players to watch:
- Cadiz: Given the gap in quality between these sides Cadiz are likely to be on the backfoot this weekend. Onus will then fall on their defensive capabilities; particularly their defenders, most notably the full-backs given how Barça enjoy wing-play. Someone who could play a pivotal role is left-back Alfonso Espino, who has put in strong numbers this season. The 28-year-old Uruguayan full-back averages 3.2 tackles and 1.5 interceptions per-game whilst having one assist to his name. Espino has been ever-present this season, missing just 45 minutes which came in their 4-0 loss to Atlético Madrid a few weeks ago, this will again be another major test for the San Jacinto native.
- Barcelona: A lot of eyebrows were raised when Barça acquired the services of Danish centre-forward Martin Braithwaite from Leganés earlier this year. The former Middlesbrough marksman has subsequently become somewhat of a cult figure at the Camp Nou, but importantly when called upon has repaid his manager’s faith. So far this season Braithwaite has made no fewer than nine appearances in all competitions scoring four goals whilst creating two more. His previous league outing was Braithwaite’s first La Liga start of the campaign and he netted in that 4-0 win at Osasuna. Should he start this weekend, it presents another opportunity for the Dane to prove that he certainly belongs at one of Europe’s biggest clubs.
La Liga 2019/20 recent form:
- Cadiz: DLLWD
- Barcelona: WLWDL
Scoreline prediction: Cadiz 1-3 Barcelona
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
More live stream options: