Manchester United defender Diogo Dalot says he has “no doubt” January arrival Bruno Fernandes will become a “legend” at Old Trafford.
Fernandes has made a flying start to life in England, picking up the Premier League Player of the Month award for February after joining from Sporting Lisbon in January.
How good has Fernandes’ start at Man Utd been? Five things to know…
- Fernandes joined United at the end of January for a fee that could rise to £67.6m.
- He impressed on his full debut, a goalless draw with Wolves at Old Trafford.
- And he registered his first assist in a victory at Chelsea in the following game.
- The 25-year-old has scored two goals and provided three assists in five Premier League outings.
- And one of his teammates believes he has already shown enough to prove he will become a club legend.
The Portugal international has already emerged as a fan favourite having adapted to a new league and country incredibly quickly.
And Dalot, who also arrived in Manchester from Portugal in the summer of 2018, has tipped his countryman to earn legend status during his stint with United.
Speaking to United’s official podcast, Dalot said Fernandes still has plenty to learn but that means he will only get better for the Red Devils.
“He’s a top guy, a top player. He is going to be legend,” Dalot said.
“He’s unbelievable, he can be better of course as well. He’s going to learn a lot from this club.
“I think he is a massive player to have in this team and he’s going to be a very good player for this club. He’s going to be (a legend), no doubt about that.
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
“He was the captain at Sporting, of course he’s an experienced player as well, 25 years old, he’s played in Italy, he played in Portugal as well. He knows what he is doing. It’s going to be very good for him.”
Dalot has played just 10 times across all competitions this season and could be the source of transfer speculation come the summer.
In contract, it appears Fernandes has a long and potentially prosperous future ahead of him at United.