Max Verstappen heads to Silverstone at the top of the pile as he continues his charge towards a second straight Formula 1 title.
The Dutchman has never won the British Grand Prix, though he stood at the top of the podium at Silverstone in 2020 when the iconic circuit hosted the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix.
Charles Leclerc will likely be his fiercest competition once more, though Mercedes are expected to be far more competitive on a Silverstone surface which was relayed in 2019.
That bodes well for Mr. Consistency George Russell as he prepares for his first home Grand Prix with Mercedes, while Lewis Hamilton, who won last year’s British Grand Prix after overcoming a 10-second penalty, has a record eight wins and 12 podiums at Silverstone.
British Grand Prix betting tips from Squawka Bet
Paddy Power betting offer: Bet £20 and get it back as cash if it loses
- Follow THIS LINK (or click the image below) to open a new account using promo code YSKWEX
- Deposit a minimum of £10 using a card.
- Place a Sportsbook bet up to £20 at min odds of 2.0 (Evs). For the purposes of this promotion, your first ever placed bet will be counted as the qualifying bet.
- If your qualifying bet is settled as a loser we will refund your stake in CASH (maximum £20).
- Qualifying requirements must be completed within 30 days of account opening
Race prediction: Max Verstappen to press home title advantage
Max Verstappen will be determined to reach the chequered flag on Sunday after his controversial first-lap collision with Lewis Hamilton in 2021 ended any hopes of claiming his first British Grand Prix victory.
Charles Leclerc will certainly push the Dutchman close — he enjoys racing at Silverstone and has twice retired from a leading position in recent weeks — but the track should play to Red Bull’s strengths as Verstappen looks to press home his title advantage with a sixth win in the last seven races.
Leclerc has shown he is capable of hooking up a lap in qualifying, with six pole positions from a possible nine in 2022, but Verstappen will surely have too much in race trim and will be confident of passing the Monegasque if he is beaten to pole.
Expect Mercedes to make strides in their bid to close the gulf to the front-runners, but Ferrari and Red Bull will surely still have too much for the eight-time world champions.
British Grand Prix latest odds
|Driver||Sky Bet||Paddy Power|
You have to be 18+ to gamble. All odds within this article are accurate at the time of writing (13:00, 01/07/2022). BeGambleAware.
Sky Bet welcome offer: Bet £5 and get £20
It's a good time to sign up to Sky Bet. Qualifying readers* will get £20 in free bets when they sign up and place a bet of £5. You can follow THIS LINK to claim or click the image below.
NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY. FIRST SINGLE & E/W BET ONLY. ODDS OF 1/1 OR GREATER. 4 X £5 BET TOKENS. FREE BET STAKES NOT INCLUDED IN RETURNS. FREE BETS EXCLUDE VIRTUALS. FREE BETS ARE NON WITHDRAWABLE. NO FREE BET EXPIRY. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS. FURTHER T&CS APPLY. 18+. BEGAMBLEAWARE.ORG.
- Not got a Paddy Power account already? You could earn up to £50 cash back by following THIS LINK (18+ only, Ts&Cs apply)
- Every F1 team explained for Premier League football fans