Manchester United’s quest for Champions League qualification continues with an away trip to Brighton and Hove Albion on Tuesday night at 8:15 PM.
The Red Devils are unbeaten since the resumption of play, taking four points from fixtures against Tottenham Hotspur and Sheffield United respectively, while they beat Norwich City to reach the FA Cup semi-final last time out.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer‘s men remain three points behind fifth-placed Wolves and five points behind Chelsea in fourth but with seven games remaining, the Norwegian will fancy his side’s chances of securing Champions League football for next season.
In Brighton, however, United will come up against an extremely tricky opponent. The Seagulls beat Arsenal 2-1 in their first game back and followed that up with an impressive 0-0 draw against Leicester City. With six points now separating them from the relegation zone, Graham Potter will be eager for his side to finish the job and secure Premier League safety.
Both sides have plenty left to play for, but who will want it more?
Where to watch Brighton vs Man Utd on TV:
- UK: Sky Sports Premier League
- US: Telemundo Deportes En Vivo
Brighton vs Man Utd: Live action
Brighton & Man Utd’s previous line-ups:
- Brighton (vs Leicester City): Ryan; Lamptey, Webster, Dunk*, Burn; Stephens, Bissouma; Mooy, Mac Allister; Connolly, Maupay.
- Man Utd (vs Norwich City): Romero; Dalot, Bailly, Maguire*, Shaw; McTominay, Fred; Mata, Fernandes, Lingard; Ighalo.
Lewis Dunk has nine yellow cards this season and is just one more away from another suspension. Jose Izquierdo is nearing a return after missing 37 matches with a knee injury but Tuesday might just come too soon for him.
Like Dunk, Harry Maguire is just one yellow card away from suspension, as is Daniel James.
Players to watch:
- Brighton: Slowly but surely, Brighton are clawing their way towards safety and another season in the Premier League, and Neal Maupay is certainly playing his part on the South Coast. Sure, he isn’t the most prolific striker in the league just yet, but no Brighton player has even come close to matching his nine Premier League goals this season, while his role as pantomime villain against Arsenal recently played a huge part in delivering three points. Maupay genuinely has the talent to progress further up the game in the coming years and the Frenchman will be relishing the visit to one of world football’s biggest names.
- Man Utd: Bruno Fernandes has done a brilliant job at livening up Man Utd‘s midfield but let’s face it, we’re all keeping an eye on Paul Pogba as he continues his return to fitness. The France international may well be off at the end of the season, but until then, we’re all excited to see how he can partner up with Fernandes. Pogba made four key passes after coming on from the bench against Norwich in the FA Cup on Saturday and if he can show off his full range of skills — precise passing, deadly finishing and lung-busting athleticism — between now and the end of the season, he might just tip the scales in favour of the Red Devils in the chase for Champions League football.
Scoreline prediction: Brighton 1-2 Man Utd
Premier League 2019/20 recent form:
- Brighton: DLDWD
- Man Utd: WDWDW