Shandon Baptiste will return from suspension for Brentford’s trip to Manchester United on Wednesday.
Brentford: Team News
Baptiste missed Saturday’s 3-3 draw with Brighton through suspension following his red card against Leicester City last month.
But the defender is back in the ranks for the trip to Old Trafford, where the Bees would love a repeat of their resounding 4-0 victory over the Red Devils last August.
Thomas Frank will be without Frank Onyeka due to a hamstring injury, while Keane Lewis-Potter and Kristoffer Ajer remain sidelined.
But the Brentford boss revealed Vitaly Janelt returned to training on Monday, though Wednesday’s match is too soon for the midfielder.
“Frank has a minor, minor injury,” said the Bees boss during his pre-match press conference.
“Vita had the knee problem but very good news: it was a minor injury against Southampton and he was on the grass today which is positive.
“But it will probably be too early for Wednesday night. Frank will be out for Wednesday.”
Brentford: Predicted Lineup
Brentford Predicted XI: David Raya; Aaron Hickey, Ethan Pinnock, Ben Mee, Rico Henry; Mikkel Damsgaard, Christian Norgaard, Mathias Jensen; Bryan Mbeumo, Ivan Toney, Yoane Wissa.
Bet365 welcome offer: Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets
Not signed up to bet365 yet? Here's how to claim one of the best bookmaker welcome offers around...
- Open an account (here's a link)
- Make a qualifying deposit of between £5* and £10*
- Claim the offer to receive three times your deposit in 'Free Bets'.
- To release your 'Free Bets', place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit and allow those bets to settle.
- Your 'Free Bets' will become available shortly after your qualifying bets have settled
- To use your 'Free Bets', select 'Use bet credits' in the bet slip.
New Customers only. Bet £10* & Get £30* in Free Bets. Sign up, deposit between £5* and £10* to your account and bet365 will give you three times that value in Free Bets when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. 18+ only. begambleaware.org
Brentford: Injury List
- Frank Onyeka (hamstring) Ruled Out – Potential Return Early April
- Kristoffer Ajer (calf) Ruled Out – Potential Return Mid-May
- Keane Lewis-Potter (knee) Ruled Out – Potential Return Mid-May
- Vitaly Janelt (knee) Ruled Out – Potential Return Mid-May