Borussia Monchengladbach host Freiburg on Saturday at 7:30pm (UK time) looking to win back-to-back Bundesliga games for the first time since mid-January.
Gladbach have been in terrible form since it emerged that Marco Rose would join Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season, slipping down to 10th in the table. Freiburg, meanwhile, are one point and two places above their hosts with dreams of Europa League football for next season.
How to live stream Gladbach vs Freiburg online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Borussia Monchengladbach vs SC Freiburg live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (14:30, 01/04/2021).
Where to watch Gladbach vs Freiburg on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 1
- US: ESPN+
Scoreline prediction: Gladbach 2-1 Freiburg
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Gladbach vs Freiburg build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Rose’s side finally ended a seven-game losing streak (and nine without a win) across all competitions with a 3-0 victory over bottom-of-the-league Schalke last time out. However, Gladbach remain in 10th place, four points adrift of the final Europa League spot with just eight games remaining.
In Freiburg, Die Fohlen will face a much tougher test than the one provided by Schalke prior to the international break. Christian Streich’s men beat Augsburg 2-0 in their last match to climb to eighth in the table, just three points behind Bayer Leverkusen in sixth. Breisgau-Brasilianer can end the weekend in sixth if results go their way, while a win here would all but end Gladbach’s hopes of competing in Europe next season.
- Gladbach (vs Schalke): Sommer; Lainer, Ginter, Elvedi, Bensebaini*; Kramer, Neuhaus; Hofmann*, Stindl, Thuram; Plea.
- Freiburg (vs Augsburg): Muller; Kübler*, Lienhart, Gulde, Günter; Sallai, Santamaria, Höfler*, Grifo; Höler, Til.
Gladbach will be without the suspended Rami Bensebaini, while Jonas Hoffman and Valentino Lazaro are fitness doubts.
Freiburg have a suspension of their own to deal with in the form of Nicolas Höfler, while Nils Petersen and Lukas Kübler may not be fit enough to feature.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Gladbach: With Rose already set to depart, a host of Gladbach players are now seeing their names linked with moves away from the club this summer, too. Florian Neuhaus is one of them, with Bayern Munich, Liverpool and Tottenham all rumoured to be tracking the midfielder. Still only 24, Neuhaus has proven himself to be one of the Bundesliga’s best box-to-box midfielders this season, registering five goals and four assists, while ranking second among his teammates for successful take-ons (27) and third for passes completed (1,128) and tackles (38). The Germany international is calm under pressure, thorough in his defensive work and can split the opposition wide open with an impressive range of passing. Neuhaus has made Gladbach tick of the past couple of years and it’ll be up to him to size up and break down Freiburg’s defence this weekend.
- Freiburg: Out to stop Neuhaus will be French midfielder, Baptiste Santamaria. The 26-year-old is second only to Höfler among Freiburg players for tackles (74) and interceptions (40) this season and with his midfield partner suspended this weekend, even more pressure will be on him to protect his centre-backs. Freiburg line up in a 4-4-2 under Streich and while the wingers will be expected to stay narrow to stop a numerical mismatch through the middle, that might be difficult if Gladbach’s full-backs push forward. Should that happen, Santamaria will have to be at his lung-busting best to stop Neuhaus, Christoph Kramer and Lars Stindl from running riot.
Bundesliga 2020/21 recent form:
- Gladbach: WLLLL
- Freiburg: WLLWL
More live stream options: