Borussia Monchengladbach will be hoping they can stay in the race for the Champions League when they host Mainz in the Bundesliga on Saturday (2:30pm kick-off).
The Foals are currently seventh in the table, and missing out on Europe altogether as things stand, while Mainz are fighting relegation.
How to live stream Gladbach vs Mainz online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Gladbach vs Mainz live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (18:30, 17/02/21).
Where to watch Gladbach vs Mainz on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: ESPN+
Scoreline prediction: Gladbach 1-1 Mainz
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Gladbach vs Mainz build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Borussia Monchengladbach are about to embark on a very strange few months as they try to make progress both domestically and in Europe, all while knowing their manager is on his way out. Marco Rose has received a lot of praise for his work in helping Gladbach grow on the pitch to become a frequent challenger for the Bundesliga’s Champions League places.
However, in the summer he will move on, taking over as Borussia Dortmund manager bringing to an end a two-year stay at Gladbach. But before that happens he will want to leave Gladbach on a high and help them return to the Champions League (potentially at the expense of his new club). Gladbach are currently seventh, and not even qualifying for the Europa League as this stands, but they are just six points behind fourth-placed Wolfsburg with 13 games left to play.
They do not go into this game in good form, and they may be wary of a Mainz side that appears to be finding some form. Although they are still in the relegation zone, Mainz are just four points from safety and have won two of their past four games in the Bundesliga, having managed just one victory in their opening 17 matches.
Mainz’s change in form came with the appointment of Bo Svensson in January and the Dane has already overseen victories against RB Leipzig and Union Berlin and draws with Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Dortmund, proving to be a horrible opponent for the so-called big teams. Just what Gladbach need…
- Gladbach (vs Wolfsburg): Sommer; Lainer, Ginter, Elvedi, Bensebaini; Neuhaus, Kramer; Lazaro, Stindl, Hofmann; Plea.
- Mainz (vs Bayer Leverkuzen): Zentner; St. Juste, Bell, Niakhate; Da Costa, Barreiro, Kohr, Mwene; Latza; Onisiwo, Szalai.
Gladbach remain without Denis Zakaria while Marcus Thuram is a doubt with a knee injury. Edimilson Fernandes is out for Mainz and Robin Quaison is doubtful.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Gladbach: If Gladbach are to get things back up and running, they will be reliant on Lars Stindl who has been their chief goal-getter this season. The German is Gladbach’s top scorer in the Bundesliga with nine goals, but has also recorded five assists, being directly involved in more goals than any other player. He has, however, been quite quiet in the past few weeks, recording just two assists and scoring no goals in the past five games.
- Mainz: When Jean-Philippe Mateta left Mainz to join Crystal Palace on loan, they lost seven of their 15 Bundesliga goals scored at that time. But they haven’t missed the Frenchman, scoring six goals in their past four games with the rest of the team pitching in. One of those picking up the slack has been centre-back Moussa Niakhate who is now Mainz’s top scorer in the Bundesliga among players still at the club. Niakhate scored twice in the 3-2 win against Leipzig and the only goal of a 1-0 victory over Union Berlin, giving him an early 100% record in games in which he has found the net. He also added an assist last time out and could be an unlikely goal threat again this weekend.
Bundesliga 2020/21 recent form:
- Gladbach: DLDWW
- Mainz: DWLWL
More live stream options: