Borussia Dortmund continue their pre-season preparations with a friendly against Athletic Bilbao in Switzerland on Saturday at 3pm (UK time).
Marco Rose’s side have had a mixed start to pre-season, while Bilbao play the final leg of their tour of Switzerland.
Borussia Dortmund vs Athletic Bilbao live stream:
Saturday’s friendly is on Bet365’s live-stream schedule for readers with an account. Those without a bet365 account who are over 18 and Gamble Aware need only follow three simple steps to watch Borussia Dortmund vs Athletic Bilbao online*:
- Visit their sign-up page (here’s a link)
- Set up and fund a new account
- Go to ‘In Play’ section, select the game you want to watch and click the play button symbol
*Please note that Ts&Cs and geo-restrictions apply, meaning readers in certain countries will be unable to live stream certain games for reasons to do with broadcasting rights. Users must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (13:50, 23/07/2021). 18+ only, BeGambleAware.
Is Borussia Dortmund vs Athletic Bilbao on TV?
- GER: Servus TV
- UK: N/A
- US: ESPN3
Scoreline prediction: Borussia Dortmund 1-1 Athletic Bilbao
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Borussia Dortmund vs Athletic Bilbao build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Dortmund went into the summer preparing for life under Rose, but the former Borussia Monchengladbach manager hasn’t had the best of pre-seasons, with the club’s training overshadowed by the European Championships and transfer rumours. Jadon Sancho has now officially signed for Manchester United and Erling Haaland is constantly being linked with a move away, all while Dortmund have been trying to get their fitness up in pre-season friendlies. The first game under Rose brought a 2-0 win over FC Gießen but they lost their next, and most recent, match to VfL Bochum 3-1 with a number of first-teamers still missing.
Pre-season hasn’t been much better for Bilbao who have also lost one of their two friendlies so far, both of which have been played in Switzerland. It started with a 2-1 defeat to St Gallen last weekend, though as is expected in the first game of pre-season Bilbao essentially played two different starting XIs excluding goalkeeper Serrano. They then followed that up with a 1-0 win over Dynamo Kyiv in midweek, a much better performance. After Saturday’s match with Dortmund, Bilbao face Union Berlin in Germany’s capital before an English double-header against Southampton and Liverpool.
- Borussia Dortmund (vs Bochum): Kobel; Passlack, Papadopoulos, Maloney, Schulz; Dahoud, Brandt; Wolf, Reyna, Reus; Tigges.
- Athletic Bilbao (vs RFC Seraing): Agirrezabala; Petxarroman, Vivian, Martinez, Balenziaga; Prados, Vencedor, Berenguer, Muniain, Raul Garcia, Villalibre..
Erling Haaland may be in contention for Dortmund after returning to training.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
- Borussia Dortmund: With Sancho’s transfer done, eyes will undoubtedly now turn to Erling Haaland and whether he will join the Englishman in leaving Dortmund this summer. One of the best young strikers in world football Haaland, who has just turned 21, is subject to heavy interest from European champions Chelsea with Roman Abramovich reportedly willing to back the move which could cost the Blues around £150m. When you look at Haaland, it’s easy to see why so many teams are after him, with the Norwegian scoring 57 goals in 59 games since joining Dortmund in January 2020. In his first full season at the club, Haaland netted 41 times including 10 in the Champions League, only failing to score twice (in the quarter-finals against Manchester City).
- Athletic Bilbao: From one player who could leave his club to another you could never imagine going, Inaki Williams has become synonymous with Bilbao over the years and is preparing for his seventh season with the club. The 27-year-old has made a name for himself of being reliable and ever-present for Bilbao, last missing a league match in April 2016. But he’s not just a regular, Williams has also become a vital component in Bilbao’s goals, scoring six and recording seven assists in La Liga last season. Williams has already scored in pre-season too, finding the net in their 1-0 win over Dynamo Kyiv last time out.
More live stream options: