Borussia Dortmund will be looking to keep close to the early Bundesliga leaders when they host Mainz on Saturday at 2:30pm (UK time).
Marco Rose’s side went into the international break in third, just one point behind Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen (who meet on Sunday), while Mainz are down in ninth and without a win in three league matches.
Borussia Dortmund vs Mainz live stream:
Saturday’s game is on Bet365’s live-stream schedule for readers with an account. Those without a bet365 account who are over 18 and Gamble Aware need only follow three simple steps to watch Borussia Dortmund v Mainz online*:
- Visit their sign-up page (here’s a link)
- Set up and fund a new account
- Go to ‘In Play’ section, select the game you want to watch and click the play button symbol
Where to watch Borussia Dortmund vs Mainz on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: ESPN+
How William Hill’s Newcastle vs Tottenham betting Offer works:
- Eligible readers* need to sign up on a mobile device, making sure t0 use EPB30 in the Promo Code section.
- Once registered, click the link to add both teams to score @ 30/1 to your bet slip and place a £1 bet.
- If the bet wins: A) Your £1 bet will be settled as void and B) your account will be credited with 3 x £10 free bets (total value of £30), paid within 48 hours of the event ending.
- Illustrated instructions showing how to redeem your free bet here.
*18+. Play Safe. Be Gamble Aware. New customers using EPB30. Mobile only. Applies to bets placed from 17:00 on 14th October until 16:30 on 17th October 2021. Max £1 bet at 30/1. Returns paid as 3 x £10 free bets (30 day expiry). Player & currency restrictions & terms apply.
Dortmund hoping Marco Reus steps up against Mainz again
As we prepare for the return of the Bundesliga, there is still some level of uncertainty surrounding the availability of Erling Haaland for Mainz’s visit to Dortmund. The Norwegian striker missed Dortmund’s last three matches before the international break and sat out of Norway’s two games against Turkey and Montenegro.
Given two weeks to recover, it is hoped that Haaland will be ready to return against Mainz at the weekend but there is also the chance Dortmund could look to hold off on unleashing the 21-year-old until the Champions League trip to Ajax on Tuesday – the decision is expected to be made closer to Saturday.
Regardless of whether Haaland plays or not, Dortmund do have a man capable of pulling Mainz apart on his own, with Marco Reus particularly enjoying his previous matches against the 05ers.
The German international has been directly involved in 20 Bundesliga goals against Mainz, his favourite opponent in the German top flight. These have been split into 13 goals and seven assists, including scoring the second in a 3-1 win for Dortmund towards the end of last season.
However, Reus, who has one goal and two assists in the Bundesliga so far this season, has not had the best of time when facing Mainz at Westfalenstadion, failing to be involved in a goal in any of his past three home matches against them.
More live stream options: