Napoli will be looking to return to winning ways in Serie A when they travel to face Bologna in Sunday’s 5:00 PM (UK time) kick-off.
Bologna starting XI: Skorupski; De Silvestri, Danilo, Tomiyasu, Denswil; Schouten, Dominguez; Orsolini, Soriano, Barrow; Palacio.
Napoli starting XI: Ospina; Di Lorenzo, Manolas, Koulibaly, Hysaj; Fabian, Bakayoko; Lozano, Mertens, Insigne; Osimhen.
Where to watch Bologna vs Napoli on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 2
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream Bologna vs Napoli:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Bologna vs Napoli live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (13:30, 06/11/20).
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Bologna vs Napoli build-up, pre-match team news & previous line-ups
Gennaro Gattuso’s men were beaten 2-0 by Sassuolo last weekend for their first on-field defeat of the season, having previously loss against Juventus via forfeit. The defeat has seen Napoli drop from third to fifth, now five points behind early leaders AC Milan.
On Sunday, they face a side who have suffered indifferent form so far this season, winning just two of their opening six games and losing the remaining four. Bologna picked up their second win of the campaign last time out against Cagliari with a 3-2 victory, subsequently ending their three-game losing streak.
But Bologna have been solid in recent games against Napoli, going unbeaten in the past three league matches between these two sides, winning two and drawing one.
- Bologna (vs Cagliari): Skorupski; De Silvestri, Tomiyasu, Danilo, Hickey; Svanberg, Schouten; Orsolini, Soriano, Barrow; Palacio.
- Napoli (vs HNK Rijeka): Meret; Di Lorenzo, Maksimovic, Koulibaly, Rui; Lobotka, Demme; Politano, Mertens, Elmas; Petagna.
Bologna’s injury problems have continued with Nicola Sansone and Ibrahima Mbaye joining Andrea Poli, Mitchell Dijks, Gary Medel, Andreas Skov Olsen and Federico Santander on the sidelines.
Meanwhile, Napoli have no fresh concerns and can call upon Victor Osimhen who was suspended for their Europa League game in midweek.
Players to watch:
- Bologna: Roberto Soriano has very much been Bologna’s main man in the league this season, at the heart of a large number of the club’s goals. The midfielder, in his second season with the club, has so far scored four goals and recorded three assists in six Serie A matches this campaign. Across the rest of Serie A, only Zlatan Ibrahimovic (eight) has been directly involved in more goals than Soriano. But perhaps even more remarkable is that all seven of Soriano’s goal involvements have come at home, where Bologna thrive (they’ve scored 10 of their 11 league goals at home). Against Parma, he scored twice and added one assist before Sassuolo and Cagliari both conceded a goal and an assist from Soriano. So, what will he achieve against Napoli?
- Napoli: Dries Mertens is Napoli’s top scorer of all time, netting 127 goals in all competitions for the club since joining from PSV in 2013. Of those 127 goals, 11 have come against Bologna, who are his favourite team to face both in Serie A and anywhere else. This season, the goalscoring burden has lifted from Mertens somewhat, especially following the arrival of Victor Osimhen, but the Belgian is still very much involved. In Napoli’s opening five games this season (that they have played), Mertens has scored twice and recorded three assists, being directly involved in more goals than any other player at the club.
Scoreline prediction: Bologna 1-3 Napoli
Serie A 2020/21 recent form:
- Bologna: WLLLW
- Napoli: WLWWL