Juventus will look to put their Coppa Italia misery behind them when they travel to Bologna on Monday at 8:45 pm.
The Old Lady were less than convincing in their semi-final second-leg match with AC Milan just over a week ago, playing out a languid 0-0 draw despite the Rossoneri being reduced to 10 men for the majority of the match. That stalemate was enough to send them through on away goals, however, after a 1-1 draw in the first leg at the San Siro.
But things got much worse in the final when Maurizio Sarri fell to a penalty shootout defeat against his former side, Napoli, after another 0-0 draw. Questions have been levelled since regarding whether or not Juve’s midfield is now strong enough to get them over the line in the Serie A title race, with Lazio just one point behind them in second.
In Bologna, Juve will face another stern test. Only Verona (3), Inter (1), Lazio (0) and Juve themselves (0) have lost fewer home games than I Rossoblù (4) this season, while Sarri’s side have lost three of their last six Serie A away games. Being just five points behind sixth-placed Napoli in the final Europa League qualifying spot, Siniša Mihajlović’s side still harbour ambitions of a continental adventure next season.
So, will Cristiano Ronaldo and Co find their groove and remain in pole position in the title race? Or will Bologna prove to be too much of a tough nut to crack?
Where to watch Bologna vs Juventus on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 1
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream the game:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Bologna vs Juventus live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (21/06/2020, 14:30)
Bologna vs Juventus line-ups
*Lineups will appear above when they are announced ~1 hour before kickoff
Bologna vs Juventus’ previous line-ups:
- Bologna (vs Lazio): Skorupski; Tomiyasu, Danilo, Bani*, Denswil; Schouten*, Poli; Orsolini, Soriano, Barrow; Palacio
- Juventus (vs Napoli): Buffon*; Cuadrado, De Ligt, Bonucci, Alex Sandro*; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Douglas Costa, Dybala, Ronaldo.
Jerdy Schouten, Federico Santander and Mattia Bani are all suspended for the hosts, but Bologna can welcome back Mitchell Dijks after a long-term injury.
Alex Sandro is injured and will likely be replaced by Mattia De Sciglio, while Wojciech Szczesny is set to replace Gianluigi Buffon between the sticks.
Players to watch:
- Bologna: Mihajlović’s side just about remain in the hunt for European football and that is in no small part thanks to efforts of Riccardo Orsolini. The 23-year-old Italian has been directly involved in more Serie A goals (11) than any other Bologna player this season, scoring seven and assisting four. In fact, so impressive has the wideman been that Juventus themselves have been linked with a move for Orsolini, although Bologna sporting director Walter Sabatini insisted back in February that it’d take a bid of at least €70m to convince the club to sell. Is Monday’s game a chance for Orsolini to affirm his allegiance to Bologna, or to put himself in the shop window?
- Juventus: Given his profile, people will be quick to blame Cristiano Ronaldo for Juve’s struggles but the fact remains that he’s trying his level best to drag the Old Lady through this difficult patch, scoring 21 goals in Serie A alone this term. Sarri must find more from those around Ronaldo and that starts with Argentine forward, Paulo Dybala. Sure, the 26-year-old is second behind Ronaldo in terms of goalscoring, but seven in 24 appearances is nowhere near the level expected from a player of his calibre. Neither is contributing just four assists in Serie A so far in 2019/20 — all in all, a damning indictment on those around Ronaldo this season.
Scoreline prediction: Bologna 1-1 Juventus
Serie A 2019/20 recent form:
- Bologna: WWLDL
- Juventus: WLWWW