Benfica will look to continue their perfect start to the Primeira Liga season when they travel to Boavista on Monday at 9pm.
Jorge Jesus’ side have been in exceptional form this campaign, winning their opening five matches in the Portuguese top flight to put themselves in first position and, even more crucially, five points above fierce rivals Porto.
The capital club have also translated that form over to the Europa League, where the Eagles currently top Group D thanks to back-to-back over Lech Poznan and Standard Liege.
Their opponents on Monday come in the guise of struggling Boavista, currently in the bottom two and without a win, having conceded more goals (12) than any other club in the Primeira Liga this campaign.
Where to watch Boavista vs Benfica on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: GolTV
Where to live stream Boavista vs Benfica:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Boavista vs Benfica live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (20:00, 31/10/20)
Betway new customer offer:
Boavista & Benfica’s previous line-ups:
- Boavista (vs Famalicao): Leonardo; Cannon, Devenish, Awaziem, Hamache; Reisinho, Garcia*, Paulinho, Santos, Sauer; Elis.
- Benfica (vs Standard Liege): Vlachodimos; Goncalves, Otamendi, Vertonghen, Tavares; Pedrinho, Pires, Pizzi, Everton; Waldschmidt, Nunez.
Former Manchester City midfielder Javi Garcia picked up two yellow cards in Boavista’s 2-2 draw with Famalicao and will sit this match out through suspension. Benfica meanwhile will be without Alex Grimaldo, Mile Svilar, Andre Almeida and Jean-Clair Todibo.
Players to watch:
- Boavista: Goals have not been easy to come by for the ‘Chequered Ones’ this season with just six goals to write home about. In comparison Benfica have netted 15. In fact, just one player for Vasco Seabra’s side has found their name on the scoresheet more than once, and that is winger Gustavo Sauer. The 27-year-old has plied his trade in Armenia, South Korea and Bulgaria but will now be looking to find some consistency in his biggest challenge to date: the Primeira Liga. With two goals to his name already, Sauer will be determined to add to that tally and help his side pull off a giantkilling, while also dragging Boavista up the table and away from danger.
- Benfica: The Eagles were not shy of flexing their financial might over the summer and among their various incomings was a player who came with huge hype: Everton. The Brazilian trickster generated plenty of noise across the Atlantic (which is no small feat) while starring for Gremio, the club responsible for a certain Ronaldinho and Douglas Costa. He won the 2017 Copa Libertadores and lifted the Copa America with Brazil last year, and already, he is lighting up the Estadio da Luz with five assists and one goal. It is early days, but the signs of a future superstar are promising.
Scoreline prediction: Boavista 0-3 Benfica
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)