Ukraine vs North Macedonia: Betting tips, predictions, odds & match preview
Ukraine and North Macedonia will go in search of their first wins at Euro 2020 when they lock horns in Bucharest on Thursday at 2pm (UK time).
Ukraine vs North Macedonia: Betting Tips
- Both teams to score @ 11/10 with 888sport
- Andriy Yarmolenko anytime goalscorer @ 29/20 with 888sport
- Follow the match LIVE on Squawka.com
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
Ukraine vs North Macedonia: Predictions
Ukraine vs North Macedonia: Predictions
|Correct score||Ukraine 2-1 North Macedonia||27/4|
|First Goalscorer||Andriy Yarmolenko||37/10|
Ukraine are many people’s pick to be a ‘dark horse’ at this summer’s tournament but fell to a 3-2 defeat against the Netherlands in their opening match. Still, Andriy Shevchenko will be proud of his side’s efforts to battle from 2-0 down to draw level at 2-2, even if they did then throw the point away. Another attacking performance like that should get them off the mark here.
But North Macedonia have already proved they’re no pushovers. Igor Angelovski’s side put up a strong fight against Austria despite falling to a 3-1 defeat and made a little bit of history with Goran Pandev becoming the second-oldest goalscorer in the European Championships. North Macedonia can accept nothing less than a win here to have a realistic chance of progression to the knockout rounds with the Netherlands awaiting them in their final group match.
CLAIM HERE. New Customer Offer- Min deposit £/€/$10’with promo code: GET40 • Min odds 2.0 • Free Bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free Bet stakes not included in returns. All Customer Offer- Promotion valid 11th June – 11th July • 18+ • Event & market restrictions apply • Minimum odds 2.0 • Free Bets must be claimed within 1 day and valid for 1 day. • Withdrawal restrictions, payment methods, country & full T&Cs apply.
Ukraine vs North Macedonia: Match Stats
- Ukraine’s two goals against the Netherlands were separated by just 246 seconds after going 72 consecutive shots without scoring a goal in European Championships play.
- At 37 years and 321 days old, Goran Pandev became the second-oldest goalscorer in European Championships history against Austria last time out. Austria’s Ivica Vastic (38 years 257 days. vs Poland in 2008) remains the record holder.
- Ukraine conceded just four goals in qualifying for this tournament but are now just one away from matching that total after one game.
- North Macedonia have scored at least once in 15 of their last 16 matches across all competitions.
- Andriy Yarmolenko is now just seven goals short of Andriy Shevchenko as Ukraine’s all-time top scorer with 41 strikes in 95 caps.
Ukraine vs North Macedonia: Corner Stats
Ukraine won just one corner in their 3-2 defeat to the Netherlands, but that was one more than North Macedonia who didn’t manage any against Austria.
Ukraine vs North Macedonia: Cards Stats
Serhiy Sydorchuk was the only Ukrainian player to pick up a yellow card against the Netherlands, while Aleksandar Trajkovski and Ezgjan Alioski both went into the book for North Macedonia in their opener.
Ukraine vs North Macedonia: Squawka Says
Scoreline prediction: Ukraine 2-1 North Macedonia
Ukraine vs North Macedonia: Odds
Ukraine vs North Macedonia: Head to Head
09 October 2015 – North Macedonia 0-2 Ukraine – European Championships qualifying
12 October 2014 – Ukraine 1-0 North Macedonia – European Championships qualifying
31 March 2004 – North Macedonia 1-0 Ukraine – International friendly
11 October 2003 – Ukraine 0-0 North Macedonia – International friendly
This will be just the fifth meeting between these two nations. North Macedonia have only scored one goal against Ukraine, coming in a 1-0 friendly win back in March 2004. Ukraine have won both competitive meetings with North Macedonia by a 3-0 aggregate scoreline.