Switzerland vs Spain Women’s World Cup predictions: tips, odds & team news
Spain will be hoping to make it to the Women’s World Cup quarter-finals when they face Switzerland on Saturday at 6am (UK time).
Switzerland Women vs Spain Women odds
*Odds correct as of 07:00 on August 4
The 2023 Women’s World Cup is rolling through and we kick off the knockout stages with an interesting tie that may have been predicted, just not in this position. Switzerland weren’t fancied to win their group but they did just that, beating Philippines in their opening game before holding Norway and New Zealand to draws. It’s the second time they have made it to the knockout stages at the World Cup on their second appearance, but their run in 2015 did come to an end at this stage.
Spain, on the other hand, were expected to top Group C and went into their final game only needing a draw to seal first place after wins over Costa Rica and Zambia. Their final game against Japan was a straight shootout for top spot and Spain were humbled by a 4-0 defeat, dropping them down to second. While they have already won more games at this World Cup as they had in their previous two appearances at the tournament combined, Spain know this isn’t something to celebrate as they look to go deep in Australia.
Switzerland Women vs Spain Women predictions
Switzerland Women vs Spain Women: Predictions
|BTTS?||No||8/13 with Sky Bet|
|Correct Score||Switzerland 0-2 Spain||5/1 with Unibet|
|First Goalscorer||Jenni Hermoso||17/4 with Betway|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Switzerland Women vs Spain Women predictions:
- Switzerland have failed to score in two of their three games at the 2023 Women’s World Cup.
- Only one team in the last 16 has had fewer shots than Switzerland.
- Only two players have had more shots on target than Jenni Hermoso at the 2023 Women’s World Cup.
- Spain have kept clean sheets in two of their three games at the 2023 Women’s World Cup.
- Switzerland’s matches at the 2023 Women’s World Cup have averaged just 0.66 goals per game.
Switzerland Women vs Spain Women match tip
Although Switzerland come into this game as group winners, they weren’t exciting to watch as they topped Group A. Starting with a 2-0 win over Philippines, Switzerland heavily relied on that victory, failing to find the net against both Norway and New Zealand. At the same time, Spain only conceded four against Japan after clean sheets vs Costa Rica and Zambia. The Spanish defence has been tested, but Switzerland don’t really look like a team capable of breaking them down.
Switzerland Women vs Spain Women Bet-Builder tip
Spain were torn apart by Japan in their final group stage game but that shouldn’t stop them from making it through to the quarter-finals against a Switzerland side that haven’t offered too much in terms of attack. In terms of Spain’s own front line, only two players have had more shots on target than Jenni Hermoso’s six at the Women’s World Cup so far, with the Pachuca striker netting twice.
Switzerland won just one of their three group stage games.
Only two players had more shots on target at the 2023 Women's World Cup than Jenni Hermoso.
Switzerland's three games saw an average of 0.66 goals.
Switzerland failed to find the net in two of their three group stage games.
Switzerland Women vs Spain Women team news
Switzerland Women team news
Spain will be hoping Ivana Andres is fit after she missed the defeat to Japan, with Rocio Galvez and Irene Paredes struggling in her stead.
Spain Women team news
Switzerland Women vs Spain Women head-to-head record
- 6 March 2019 – Switzerland 0-2 Spain – Friendly
- 16 June 2012 – Switzerland 4-3 Spain – European Championship qualifying
- 23 October 2011 – Spain 3-2 Switzerland – European Championship qualifying
- 2 May 1990 – Switzerland 2-1 Spain – European Championship qualifying
- 4 November 1989 – Spain 0-0 Switzerland – European Championship qualifying
Spain have played nine times against Switzerland in official matches and just about edge the head-to-head at four wins to three, with two draws. The last time these sides met, Spain ran out 2-0 winners in a friendly in 2019 thanks to Jenni Hermoso and an own goal from Melanie Muller.
Switzerland Women vs Spain Women Squawka Says
Recommended bet6:00 am Saturday August 05
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 5/1 Bet with Unibet Sign Up Offer – Up to £40 back in free bets plus £10 on Casino
- Women’s World Cup 2023 Betting Tips & Predictions
- Football Accumulator tips
- Latest live streaming fixtures