Japan vs Sweden Women’s World Cup predictions: tips, odds & team news
Japan and Sweden meet for a place in the Women’s World Cup semi-finals on Friday at 8:30am (UK time).
Japan Women vs Sweden Women odds
*Odds correct as of 08:00 on August 8
As we head into the quarter-final stages, Japan are the last remaining previous winners at the 2023 Women’s World Cup. Germany bowed out at the group stage and the United States were beaten by Sweden, with Japan seeing off the other former world champs in the quarter-finals. After going perfect in the group stage, including a 4-0 win over Spain, Japan romped to a 3-1 victory over Norway that could have been more.
Sweden, as mentioned, beat the United States in the last 16, knocking out the defending champions on penalties. Zećira Mušović was the hero in normal time, making 11 saves to frustrate the United States, and perhaps that played in their minds when it came to the spot-kicks. Although Sweden advanced, the draw after extra-time did bring an end to their perfect run in the tournament this year after getting nine points from their three group stage matches. Not that Sweden will care as long as they’re still in the World Cup.
Japan Women vs Sweden Women predictions
Japan Women vs Sweden Women: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||20/21 with Rhino Bet|
|Correct Score||Japan 2-1 Sweden||17/2 with Unibet|
|First Goalscorer||Hinata Miyazawa||23/4 with Midnite|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Japan Women vs Sweden Women predictions:
- Hinata Miyazawa is the top scorer at the 2023 Women’s World Cup, netting five goals so far.
- Japan are one of two sides to have scored in all four of their games at the World Cup this summer.
- Hinata Miyazawa has hit the target with six of her 13 shots at the World Cup this summer.
- Sweden have scored four headed goals at the 2023 Women’s World Cup.
- Japan are the only side still perfect at the World Cup this summer.
Japan Women vs Sweden Women match tip
This has been the tournament of Hinata Miyazawa and with every game that passes it looks as though she’ll be wrapping up the Golden Boot. The 23-year-old had scored four goals in 23 games for Japan before the World Cup but has five in four at the tournament, with two braces.
Japan Women vs Sweden Women Bet-Builder tip
Hinata Miyazawa isn’t the only goal threat in this game, with Swedish centre-back Amanda Ilestedt scoring three goals so far at the 2023 Women’s World Cup. Two of those goals came from corners against Italy as Sweden made the most of their set pieces, and as a whole they have scored four headed goals, more than any other side at the tournament.
Japan are the only side still perfect at the 2023 Women's World Cup.
Hinata Miyazawa is the top scorer at the 2023 Women's World Cup.
Sweden have scored four headed goals at the 2023 Women's World Cup.
Japan Women vs Sweden Women team news
Japan Women team news
After sitting on the bench for the final group stage game, Mušović returned to the starting XI and made 11 saves against the United States so there’s no replacing her between the sticks.
Sweden Women team news
Japan Women vs Sweden Women head-to-head record
- 30 July 2021 – Sweden 3-1 Japan – Olympics
- 21 July 2016 – Sweden 3-0 Japan – Friendly
- 10 March 2014 – Japan 2-1 Sweden – Friendly
- 28 July 2012 – Japan 0-0 Sweden – Olympics
- 20 June 2012 – Sweden 0-1 Japan – Friendly
Things have been pretty even in the past five meetings with Japan and Sweden sharing two wins each alongside a draw. However, Japan did beat Sweden en route to winning the Women’s World Cup in 2011.
Japan Women vs Sweden Women Squawka Says
Recommended bet8:30 am Friday August 11
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 17/2 Bet with Unibet Sign Up Offer – Up to £40 back in free bets plus £10 on Casino
- Women’s World Cup 2023 Betting Tips & Predictions
- Football Accumulator tips
- Latest live streaming fixtures