Italy vs Austria: Betting tips, predictions, odds & match preview
Italy will look to continue their fine form from the Euro 2020 group stages when they face Austria at Wembley in the round-of-16.
Italy vs Wales: Betting Tips
- Italy to win to nil @ 21/20 with 888Sport
- Draw/Italy @ 57/20 with 888Sport
- Follow the match LIVE on Squawka.com
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
Italy vs Austria: Predictions
Italy vs Austria: Predictions
|Correct score||Italy 2-0 Austria||19/4|
|First Goalscorer||Ciro Immobile||16/5|
The Azzurri put down a huge marker upon their return to major tournament action, winning all three of their Group A games with seven goals scored and none conceded. In Austria, they face a relatively favourable round-of-16 tie, with Das Team playing in the knockout rounds of this tournament for the first time in their history. Austria beat North Macedonia and Ukraine in the group stages but were put to bed quite comfortably by the Netherlands.
CLAIM HERE. 18+ only. New customer offer. A min deposit of £/$/€20 with promo code is required – You must bet a min of £/$/€20 at odds of 1/2 (1.50) or greater on a sports market that will be settled before the Euro 2020 knockout stages begin (June 26th 16:59:59BST) – Free Bets valid for 7 days – Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time – General withdrawal restrictions & full T&Cs apply.
Italy vs Austria: Match Stats
- Italy have won all four of their meetings with Austria at major international tournaments, with all four such games coming in the World Cup – 1-0 in 1934, 1-0 in 1978, 1-0 in 1990 and 2-1 in 1998.
- Italy are currently unbeaten in 30 games (W25 D5), the joint-longest run in their history, equalling a run under Vittorio Pozzo between 1935 and 1939.
- This is Austria’s first ever appearance in the knockout stages of the European Championship, and their first in the knockout stage of any major tournament since the 1954 World Cup, when they reached the semi-final.
- Italy have won two of their 13 matches that were held in London (D5 L6), and are winless in five matches there (D3 L2) since beating England 1-0 in 1997 in a World Cup qualifier at Wembley, with Gianfranco Zola scoring the only goal.
- Austria have lost four of their six games in London in all competitions (W1 D1), with this their first visit to the English capital since a 7-0 friendly defeat in September 1973 (vs England). Their only previous game in London which wasn’t against England came in the 1948 Olympic games, a 3-0 loss to Sweden.
- Italy have kept a clean sheet in each of their last 11 matches in all competitions, going 1055 minutes (17 hours and 35 minutes) without conceding since a Donny van de Beek goal for the Netherlands last October. One more clean sheet will see them equal their record for consecutive games without conceding (12), set between 1972 and 1974.
- David Alaba created nine chances in the group stages, at least four more than any other Austria player. Four of these came in Austria’s 1-0 win against Ukraine last time out.
- Ciro Immobile and Manuel Locatelli are Italy’s joint-highest goalscorers with two goals each.
- Five of Italy’s seven goals at Euro 2020 have come in the second half.
Italy vs Austria: Corner Stats
Only Switzerland (22), Spain and Turkey (both 20) have taken more corners than Italy and Austria at Euro 2020 so far, with both nations tied on 18.
Italy vs Austria: Cards Stats
Italy have picked up just one yellow card during their opening three games at Euro 2020, while Austria have been cautioned three times. Neither side have received a red card.
Italy vs Austria: Squawka Says
Scoreline prediction: Italy 2-0 Austria
Italy vs Austria: Odds
Italy vs Austria: Head to Head
20 August 2008 – Italy 2-2 Austria – International friendly
23 June 1998 – Italy 2-1 Austria – 1998 World Cup
09 June 1990 – Italy 1-0 Austria – 1990 World Cup
25 March 1989 – Austria 0-1 Italy – International friendly
26 March 1986 – Italy 2-1 Austria – International friendly
Italy are unbeaten against Austria since December 1960 in a run spanning 13 games. The two nations have met just once in the 21st century — a 2-2 draw in a 2008 friendly.