Wolves vs Burnley predictions: tips, odds & team news
Burnley’s fight against relegation continues with a trip to face Wolves on Tuesday at 7:30pm (UK time).
Wolves vs Burnley odds
*Odds correct as of 15:00 on December 05
We’re still in the first half of the season, but Burnley already looks to be fighting a losing battle against an immediate return to the Championship. The Clarets are second from the bottom of the league with just seven points from their opening 14 games, even below Everton who suffered a points deduction. Vincent Kompany’s side have won just twice this season, beating Luton and Sheffield United last time out.
Wolves, meanwhile, went into the international break off the back of a fantastic win, coming from behind in injury time to beat Tottenham. It saw them return to winning ways after a defeat to Sheffield United, though they felt hard done by in that loss due to a late and controversial penalty. Gary O’Neil’s side are currently 13th with four wins to their name, three of which have come in their past seven matches. They are also just seven points behind eighth-placed Brighton and may feel optimistic about a good run.
Wolves vs Burnley predictions
Wolves vs Burnley: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||17/20 with Midnite|
|Correct Score||Wolves 3-1 Burnley||15/1 with Unibet|
|First Goalscorer||Hwang Hee-chan||5/1 with BetMGM|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Wolves vs Burnley predictions:
- Only Sheffield United (39) have conceded more goals in the Premier League this season than Burnley (32).
- Wolves have scored in each of their past 14 games across all competitions.
- However, Wolves have also conceded in 13 of their 15 games across all competitions this season.
- Burnley have lost six consecutive top-flight games for the first time since December 1895.
- Hwang Hee-chan is Wolves’ top scorer this season with six goals in the Premier League.
Wolves vs Burnley match tip
Wolves haven’t beaten Burnley in seven games, but all signs this season are pointing to that run ending. Burnley have lost six consecutive top-flight games for the first time since the 19th century and have the second-worst defence in the Premier League. However, Wolves have also conceded in 12 of their last 14 games across all competitions.
Wolves vs Burnley Bet-Builder tip
Hwang Hee-chan has been the man for goals this season for Wolves. The South Korean has put all his previous struggles behind him to net six in the Premier League so far, four more than any other Wolves player. Despite coming into the game as favourites, Wolves will need to be wary of their disciplinary record, with only Chelsea being shown more cards in the Premier League this season than their 43.
Only Chelsea have been shown more cards in the Premier League season than Wolves' 41.
Hwang Hee-chan is Wolves' top scorer this season with six goals in the Premier League.
Wolves vs Burnley team news
Wolves team news
|–||Pedro Neto, Joe Hodge||–|
This game may still be too soon for Pedro Neto, while Joe Hodge is a longer-term absentee.
Burnley team news
|–||Lyle Foster||Jack Cork|
Jack Cork could be available for selection, in Burnley’s only real injury worry right now.
Wolves vs Burnley head-to-head record
- 24 April 2022 – Burnley 1-0 Wolves – Premier League
- 1 December 2021 – Wolves 0-0 Burnley – Premier League
- 25 April 2021 – Wolves 0-4 Burnley – Premier League
- 21 December 2020 – Burnley 2-1 Wolves – Premier League
- 15 July 2020 – Burnley 1-1 Wolves – Premier League
Burnley are unbeaten in their past seven games against Wolves since a 1-0 defeat at Molineux in 2018, winning four including doing the league double in 2020/21.
Wolves vs Burnley Squawka Says
Recommended bet7:30 pm Tuesday December 05
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 15/1 Claim Here
- Premier League predictions and betting tips
- Football Accumulator tips
- Latest live streaming fixtures