West Ham vs Chelsea predictions: tips, odds & team news
West Ham and Chelsea continue their 2023/24 Premier League campaign when they meet at the London Stadium on Sunday 20th August (4:30pm, UK time).
West Ham vs Chelsea odds
West Ham and Chelsea both go in search of their first Premier League wins of the 2023/24 season in gameweek two.
Both London clubs drew 1-1 in their openers. Hosts West Ham were pegged back by an 82nd-minute equaliser against Bournemouth. Meanwhile, Chelsea themselves came from a goal down to draw with Liverpool.
Also heading into this contest, Chelsea has won 149 Premier League London derby matches and could be the second side to reach 150 in the competition, after Arsenal.
West Ham, meanwhile, has lost 11 of their last 16 Premier League London derbies (which includes two wins and three draws), with both wins in that time coming against Fulham last season. The Hammers have lost more London derbies in the Premier League than any other side (119).
West Ham vs Chelsea predictions
West Ham vs Chelsea: Predictions
|7/10 with Copybet
|13/2 with Copybet
|9/1 with Copybet
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our West Ham vs Chelsea predictions:
- Chelsea won once in their last five Premier League visits to West Ham.
- Mauricio Pochettino has beaten David Moyes once in five previous meetings.
- Chelsea won one of their last five Premier League road games.
- Both teams have scored in three of the last four London Stadium meetings.
- West Ham averaged nearly two goals per game across their last four home Premier League matches against Chelsea.
West Ham vs Chelsea match tip
West Ham, across their last four home meetings against Chelsea, averaged 1.75 goals per game.
West Ham vs Chelsea Bet-Builder tip
Two of their last four meetings at the London Stadium have seen over 2.5 goals scored in them. Furthermore, both teams scored in three of the last four games on West Ham soil.
West Ham vs Chelsea team news
West Ham team news
Mauricio Pochettino was handed a blow mere weeks before the Premier League season when marquee summer acquisition Christopher Nkunku sustained a knee injury. He joins Reece James, Wesley Fofana, Benoit Badiashile and Malang Sarr on the sidelines.
Chelsea team news
|Reece James, Armando Broja, Wesley Fofana, Marcus Bettinelli, Trevoh Chalobah, Benoit Badiashile, Christopher Nkunku
West Ham vs Chelsea head-to-head record
- 11 Feb 2023 – West Ham 1-1 Chelsea – Premier League
- 03 Sep 2022 – Chelsea 2-1 West Ham – Premier League
- 24 Apr 2022 – Chelsea 1-0 West Ham – Premier League
- 04 Dec 2021 – West Ham 3-2 Chelsea – Premier League
- 24 Apr 2021 – West Ham 0-1 Chelsea – Premier League
Chelsea have won four of their last six Premier League meetings with West Ham but they were held to a draw on their last London Stadium visit.