West Ham vs Arsenal EFL Cup predictions: Tips, odds and team news
West Ham and Arsenal face off in an EFL Cup fourth round London derby on Wednesday at 7:30pm (UK time).
West Ham vs Arsenal odds
*Odds correct as of 15:30 on October 31
West Ham have endured mixed performances in the EFL Cup of late, with three quarter-final appearances across the last eight seasons. Their best performance remains a final with Liverpool in the 1980/81 season. The Hammers were made to work in the third round of the EFL Cup this season, eventually running out 1-0 winners against League One side Lincoln City thanks to Tomas Soucek’s 70th-minute strike.
Arsenal, meanwhile, have gone 30 years since last winning the EFL Cup, with a few final defeats including the infamous loss to Birmingham City in 2011. Mikel Arteta’s side were eliminated in the third round last season, a fall from their run to the semi-finals the year prior. This will be Arsenal’s second EFL Cup London derby of the season, having knocked out Brentford in the third round with a 1-0 win.
West Ham vs Arsenal predictions
West Ham vs Arsenal: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||4/6 with BoyleSports|
|Correct Score||West Ham 2-1 Arsenal||11/1 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||Jarrod Bowen||17/2 with BetUK|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our West Ham vs Arsenal predictions:
- Both teams have scored in four of West Ham’s last six home games.
- West Ham have opened the scoring in four of their last six home matches.
- Arsenal have conceded over 1.5 goals in their last two domestic away games.
- West Ham have scored over 1.5 goals in five of their last six home games.
- Arsenal have scored exactly one goal in four of their last seven away games.
West Ham vs Arsenal match tip
Although he did not find the net at the weekend, Tomas Soucek has been in good goalscoring form at the London Stadium of late. The Czech midfielder has scored in three of his last four home appearances for West Ham.
West Ham vs Arsenal team news
West Ham team news
David Moyes has no injury concerns and can recall Emerson after he missed West Ham’s 1-0 defeat to Everton due to yellow card accumulation.
Arsenal team news
|–||Jurrien Timber, Gabriel Jesus, Thomas Partey||–|
Gabriel Jesus and Thomas Partey aren’t expected back from their respective injuries until after the international break.
West Ham vs Arsenal head-to-head record
- 16 April 2023 – West Ham 2-2 Arsenal – Premier League
- 26 Decmeber 2022 – Arsenal 3-1 West Ham – Premier League
- 1 May 2022 – West Ham 1-2 Arsenal – Premier League
- 15 December 2021 – Arsenal 2-0 West Ham – Premier League
- 21 March 2021 – West Ham 3-3 Arsenal – Premier League
Arsenal are unbeaten in their last eight meetings with West Ham (six wins and two draws). In fact, the Hammers have won just one of 16 previous matches (11 losses and four draws) against the Gunners.