USA v Germany international friendly predictions: Tips, odds and team news
USA and Germany lock horns in an international friendly at Rentschler Field on Saturday evening (8:45pm, UK time).
USA vs Germany odds
*Odds correct as of 17:30 on October 12
East Hartford, Connecticut, plays host to Julian Nagelsmann’s first match in charge of the German national team. He’s tasked with changing recent fortunes ahead of next summer’s European Championships, which Germany will be hosting. As for the United States, their long-term focus is the 2026 World Cup, which they’ll be co-hosting alongside North American neighbours Canada and Mexico.
USA vs Germany predictions
USA vs Germany: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||4/6 with Bet365|
|Correct Score||2-1||12/1 with Bet365|
|First Goalscorer||Ricardo Pepi||9/1 with Boylesports|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our USA vs Germany predictions:
- The USA have won three out of their last five matches.
- Germany lost three out of the past four games.
- The United States defeated Germany twice in their last three head-to-head encounters.
- Across three out of the previous five contests between the USA and Germany, both teams got on the scoresheet.
- Germany conceded first in three of their last four matches.
- PSV striker Ricardo Pepi has scored six goals in his last six appearances for the United States.
USA vs Germany match tip
Five of the USA’s last six international matches have seen over 2.5 goals scored in them.
USA vs Germany Bet-Builder tip
Leroy Sane has scored in Germany’s last two international matches. However, the four-time world champions come into this game having failed to keep a clean sheet in six consecutive matches.
USA vs Germany team news
USA team news
|Cameron Carter-Vickers, Lennard Maloney, Johnny Cardoso, Giovanni Reyna, Alejandro Zendejas||Drake Callender, Antonee Robinson, Mark McKenzie, Tanner Tessmann, Benjamin Cremaschi, Cade Cowell||–|
No fewer than five members of Gregg Berhalter’s squad are based in Germany with Joe Scally (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Giovanni Reyna (Borussia Dortmund), Lennard Maloney (Heidenheim), Brenden Aaronson (Union Berlin) and Kevin Paredes (VfL Wolfsburg) all playing their trade in the Bundesliga and that’s not forgetting skipper Christian Pulisic who has history in that competition.
Germany team news
|Mats Hummels, Robert Andrich, Chris Führich, Kevin Behrens, Bernd Leno, David Raum||Benjamin Henrichs, Nico Schlotterbeck, Emre Can, Felix Nmecha, Serge Gnabry, Kevin Schade||–|
Julian Nagelsmann’s first squad as Germany’s 12th manager is the recall of Mats Hummels who last turned out for the European powerhouse in 2021. Robert Andrich, Chris Führich and Kevin Behrens can all win their debut cap.
USA vs Germany head-to-head record
- 10 Jun 2015 – Germany 1-2 USA – International Friendly
- 26 Jun 2014 – USA 0-1 Germany – FIFA World Cup
- 02 Jun 2013 – USA 4-3 Germany – International Friendly
- 22 Mar 2006 – Germany 4-1 USA – International Friendly
- 21 Jun 2002 – Germany 1-0 USA – FIFA World Cup
There have been 11 previous meetings with Germany winning seven however USA won two of the three most recent showdowns.
USA vs Germany Squawka Says
Recommended bet8:00 pm Saturday October 14
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 12/1 Bet with Bet365 Free Bet Offers – Bet £10 get £30 when you sign up – December 2023