Tottenham vs Newcastle Premier League predictions: tips, odds and team news
Tottenham and Newcastle go head-to-head in the Premier League on Sunday at 4:30pm (UK time).
Tottenham vs Newcastle: Predictions
|Tottenham 1-2 Newcastle
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Tottenham vs Newcastle predictions:
- There hasn’t been a clean sheet in any of the last seven meetings between these two sides.
- Newcastle completed a league double over Spurs last season, winning by an 8-2 aggregate scoreline.
- Son Heung-min is Tottenham’s top goalscorer in the Premier League this season (nine).
- Newcastle are unbeaten in their last eight Premier League games in London (winning four and drawing four).
- The last seven matches between these two sides has averaged 4.43 goals per game.
Tottenham are on a wretched run of form at the moment, becoming the first side in Premier League history to lose three consecutive home games after taking the lead and the first side to go 1-0 up in five consecutive matches and not win any. In fact, Tottenham have dropped more points than any other side in Europe’s top five leagues heading into this weekend (16).
Tottenham vs Newcastle odds
*Odds correct as of 18:00 on December 9
Tottenham’s great start to life under Ange Postecoglou has come grinding right to a halt. After going unbeaten in their opening 10 league games, Tottenham have now picked up just one point from their last five matches, a 3-3 draw away at champions Manchester City thanks to Dejan Kulusevski’s 90th-minute equaliser. Worse than that, Tottenham have become the first side in Premier League history to lose three consecutive home games after taking the lead and the first side to go 1-0 up in five consecutive matches and not win any.
Newcastle, meanwhile, remain one point behind Spurs in the table after a 3-0 demolition by Everton. The Toffees recorded an xG of 3.23 during that game, which is the most by an opposition side in a Premier League match against Newcastle since Eddie Howe took charge, as they stopped Newcastle in their tracks after back-to-back wins over Chelsea and Manchester United.
The Magpies will be determined to get back on track this weekend as they look to secure consecutive Champions League finishes and continue their impressive run of form in the capital that has seen them go unbeaten in their last eight Premier League games in London (four wins, four draws).
Tottenham team news
|Ivan Perisic, James Maddison, Manor Solomon, Micky van de Ven, Rodrigo Bentancur, Alfie Whiteman, Eric Dier, Ryan Sessegnon
Tottenham will remain without key players like James Maddison, Ivan Perisic, Rodrigo Bentancur and Micky van de Ven for this match. Son Heung-min is nursing a back injury and faces a late fitness test.
Newcastle team news
|Nick Pope, Callum Wilson, Dan Burn, Elliot Anderson, Harvey Barnes, Jacob Murphy, Matt Targett, Sandro Tonali, Sven Botman, Sean Longstaff, Joe Willock, Javier Manquillo
Much like Tottenham, Newcastle’s injury list is continues to mount up with Nick Pope, Callum Wilson, Sven Botman, Dan Burn and Harvey Barnes among a host of senior players missing.
Tottenham vs Newcastle head-to-head record
- 23 April 2023 – Newcastle 6-1 Tottenham – Premier League
- 23 October 2022 – Tottenham 1-2 Newcastle – Premier League
- 3 April 2022 – Tottenham 5-1 Newcastle – Premier League
- 17 October 2021 – Newcastle 2-3 Tottenham – Premier League
- 4 April 2021 – Newcastle 2-2 Tottenham – Premier League
There have been plenty of high-scoring meetings between these two teams in recent times, with Newcastle completing a league double over Spurs last season — including that 6-1 win at St. James’ Park that saw the Magpies go 5-0 up inside 21 minutes.