Man Utd vs Tottenham Premier League predictions, tips, odds and team news
Man Utd and Tottenham meet in a Premier League showdown at Old Trafford on Sunday (4:30pm, UK time).
Man Utd vs Tottenham odds
*Odds correct as of 07:00 on January 12
Heading into this Premier League round Manchester United find themselves in eighth on 31 points. The hosts suffered a 2-1 defeat at Nottingham Forest last time out to make it nine defeats for the campaign, which is the same as they managed in the Premier League in the whole of last season. Erik ten Hag’s side will be looking to turn things around against their favourite opponent however, with no team winning more home games against an opponent in Premier League history than Manchester United’s 24 against Tottenham (level with Arsenal against Everton).
Tottenham, meanwhile, sit in fifth place on 39 points, a point behind fourth-placed Arsenal who currently hold a spot in the Champions League. Ange Postecoglou’s men earned a 3-1 victory over Bournemouth at home in their last Premier League match to make it four wins from their last five in the league as they bounced back from defeat against Brighton. Spurs are looking to make history at Old Trafford and do the league double over Manchester United for the first time in the Premier League era, while a goal would also see them set a new club record for their longest scoring run in their league history (33 games).
Man Utd vs Tottenham predictions
Man Utd vs Tottenham: Predictions
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Man Utd vs Tottenham predictions:
- Man Utd won three of their last four Premier League home matches.
- Tottenham failed to win three of their last four Premier League road games.
- None of the last 17 Premier League meetings between Man Utd and Spurs at Old Trafford have finished level, with the Red Devils winning 13 of these (L4).
- Both teams have scored in three of Tottenham’s last four Premier League away matches.
- Tottenham conceded at least two goals in three of their last four Premier League away games.
Man Utd vs Tottenham match tip
Richarlison has scored five goals in his last five Premier League games, as many as his previous 45 appearances in the competition combined.
Man Utd vs Tottenham team news
Man Utd team news
|Lisandro Martinez, Casemiro, Mason Mount, Luke Shaw, Sofyan Amrabat
|Tyrell Malacia, Christian Eriksen, Amad Diallo, Antony, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Anthony Martial
Altay Bayindir was going to make his Premier League debut here but Andre Onana will play his final game before heading off to the Africa Cup of Nations.
Tottenham team news
|Timo Werner, Radu Dragusin
|Ivan Perisic, Alejo Veliz, Manor Solomon, Yves Bissouma, Pape Sarr, Son Heung-min, Ben Davies, Giovani Lo Celso, Cristian Romero, James Maddison
Son Heung-min is among the major absentees for Tottenham here with the club’s leading scorer representing South Korea at the Asia Cup. New signings Timo Werner and Radu Dragusin will be hoping to make their debuts.
Man Utd vs Tottenham head-to-head record
- 19 Aug 2023 – Tottenham 2-0 Man Utd – Premier League
- 27 Apr 2023 – Tottenham 2-2 Man Utd – Premier League
- 19 Oct 2022 – Man Utd 2-0 Tottenham – Premier League
- 12 Mar 2022 – Man Utd 3-2 Tottenham – Premier League
- 30 Oct 2021 – Tottenham 0-3 Man Utd – Premier League
Tottenham ended a five-game winless run against Man Utd last time out (four losses and one draw).