Sheffield United vs Newcastle predictions: Premier League tips, odds & team news
Newcastle United will be hoping to build a winning run when they travel to face Sheffield United in the Premier League on Sunday at 4:30pm (UK time).
Sheffield United vs Newcastle odds
*Odds correct as of 18:20 on September 23
Securing Champions League football last season, the new campaign hasn’t started off too well for Newcastle, who currently sit in the bottom half of the table. The Magpies did open the campaign with a 5-1 thrashing of Aston Villa, which many took as a warning for the teams above them that they would be staying in the Champions League fight. However, they would go on to lose their next three games, beaten by Manchester City, Liverpool and Brighton. Eddie Howe’s men did bounce back after the international break with a 1-0 win over Brentford and they then went to the San Siro to secure a goalless draw in their Champions League opener.
Sheffield United, meanwhile, are still waiting for their first Premier League win of the season. The Blades are back in the top flight and will be hoping to fare better than their last season, when they seriously struggled en route to relegation. But it hasn’t been a good start. Sheffield United opened the campaign with three straight defeats, losing to Crystal Palace, Nottingham Forest and Man City. They did get their first point before the international break in a 2-2 draw with Everton but lost in agonising fashion against Tottenham last time out, leading as late as the 97th minute.
Sheffield United vs Newcastle predictions
Sheffield United vs Newcastle: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||17/20 with Betway|
|Correct Score||1-2||8/1 with Bet 365|
|First Goalscorer||Callum Wilson||13/5 with BetGoodwin|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Sheffield United vs Newcastle predictions:
- Since the start of last season, only Erling Haaland (43) and Harry Kane (30) have scored more Premier League goals than Callum Wilson (21).
- Sheffield United are yet to win at home this season, drawing one and losing three across all competitions.
- Sheffield United have scored in their past four league games.
- Newcastle have kept just one clean sheet in the league this season.
- Newcastle have won four of their past five games against Sheffield United.
Sheffield United vs Newcastle match tip
Going into the weekend, Newcastle were the worst team in the Premier League when it came to yellow cards, picking up 17 so far this season. And on top of Newcastle’s 17 yellow cards, Sheffield United have also been shown 17 cards, with 16 yellows and one red. No team has drawn more cards from their opponents this season than Newcastle (16 yellows, one red).
Sheffield United vs Newcastle Bet-Builder tip
Sheffield United are yet to win at Bramall Lane so far this season, drawing one and losing three of their opening four games, while neither the Blades nor Newcastle have kept a clean sheet so far this campaign.
Sheffield United vs Newcastle team news
Sheffield United team news
|John Egan||Oliver McBurnie, Max Lowe, Ben Osborn, John Fleck, Rhian Brewster, Rhys Norrington-Davies, George Baldock, Daniel Jebbison||–|
Sheffield United have a host of injury problems, with Max Lowe, Ben Osborn, John Fleck, Rhian Brewster and Rhys Norrington-Davies all out until next month. George Baldock and Daniel Jebbison are also unavailable for this weekend’s clash, with Oliver McBurnie is suspended following his red card against Tottenham. John Egan is available.
Newcastle team news
|–||Emil Krafth, Joseph Willock, Joelinton||–|
Joelinton has been ruled out due to injury, now not expected back until next month. Emil Krafth and Joseph Willock are long-term absentees.
Sheffield United vs Newcastle head-to-head
- 19 May 2o21 – Newcastle 1-0 Sheffield United – Premier League
- 12 Jan 2021 – Sheffield United 1-0 Newcastle – Premier League
- 21 Jun 2020 – Newcastle 3-0 Sheffield United – Premier League
- 05 Dec 2019 – Sheffield United 0-2 Newcastle – Premier League
- 05 Apr 2010 – Newcastle 2-1 Sheffield United – Championship
Each of the last four meetings has seen the winning side keep a clean sheet.
Sheffield United vs Newcastle Squawka Suggests:
Recommended bet4:30 pm Sunday September 24
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 8/1 Bet with Bet365 Free Bet Offers – Bet £10 get £30 when you sign up – December 2023