Sheffield United vs Brighton Premier League predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Sheffield United and Brighton go head-to-head in the Premier League on Sunday at 2pm (UK time).
Sheffield United vs Brighton odds
*Odds correct as of 13:00 on February 17
If Sheffield United were going to have any chance of staying up this season, they needed to have turned Bramall Lane into an incredibly tough place for opposition sides to come, but so far, it has been completely the opposite. With just two wins from their 14 home games across all competitions this term and Brighton and Aston Villa both hitting five past them in their last two matches, the Blades’ chances of being in the top flight next season are slim. That said, they did beat Luton 3-1 away from home last week, just about keeping them in touch.
Having been one of those two sides to score five past Sheffield United at Bramall Lane in recent weeks, Brighton will be hoping for another successful visit, this time in the Premier League. The Seagulls lost 2-1 to Tottenham last time out, following a 4-1 win over Palace and a 4-0 loss at Luton. Inconsistency has been the buzzword on the south coast.
Sheffield United vs Brighton predictions
Sheffield United vs Brighton: Predictions
|8/13 with BetMGM
|Sheffield United 1-3 Brighton
|11/1 with Midnite
|6/1 with Bet365
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Sheffield United vs Brighton predictions:
- Brighton won 5-2 at Bramall Lane in last month’s FA Cup.
- Sheffield United have won just two of their 14 home matches this season.
- Brighton have lost just four of their last 21 matches across all competitions.
- Danny Welbeck was on the scoresheet for Brighton the last time these sides met.
Sheffield United vs Brighton match tip
There have been at least four goals scored in five of Brighton’s last eight matches (all comps) and each of Sheffield United’s last six.
Sheffield United vs Brighton team news
Sheffield United team news
|Chris Basham, Max Lowe. John Egan, George Baldock
Chris Wilder will again be without Chris Basham, Max Lowe, John Egan and George Baldock.
Brighton team news
|Joao Pedro, Joel Veltman, Julio Enciso, Solly March, James Milner
Joel Veltman, Julio Enciso, Solly March and James Milner remain absent for the visitors, but Simon Adingra returns after being away at AFCON. Joao Pedro has joined the injury list, dealing a serious blow to Brighton’s attacking options.
Sheffield United vs Brighton head-to-head record
- 27 Jan 2024 – Sheffield United 2-5 Brighton and Hove Albion – FA Cup
- 12 Nov 2023 – Brighton and Hove Albion 1-1 Sheffield United – Premier League
- 24 Apr 2021 – Sheffield United 1-0 Brighton and Hove Albion – Premier League
- 20 Dec 2020 – Brighton and Hove Albion 1-1 Sheffield United – Premier League
- 21 Dec 2019 – Brighton and Hove Albion 0-1 Sheffield United – Premier League
Brighton ended a run of seven meetings with Sheffield United without a win (four defeats and three draws) and an impressive 5-2 victory in the FA Cup just last month.