Shakhtar Donetsk vs Porto Champions League predictions: tips, odds and team news
Shakhtar Donetsk and Porto face off in the Champions League group stage on Tuesday at 8pm (UK time).
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Porto odds
*Odds correct as of 10:00 on September 19
Shakhtar Donetsk can now be considered regulars in the Champions League group stage, with this being their seventh consecutive appearance in the competition. However, after reaching the last 16 in 2017/18, the Ukrainian side have struggled. They have failed to get out of the group stage in each of their past five Champions League seasons, though they have finished third in four of those campaigns.
Porto, meanwhile, are taking part in the Champions League for the 27th season, with only Barcelona and Real Madrid (28 each) featuring in the competition more. Last season, the Portuguese side made it to the last 16 and they are regulars in the knockout stages, getting out of the group stages in six of the past 10 seasons.
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Porto predictions
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Porto: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||3/4 with Betfair|
|Correct Score||1-1||13/2 with Boylesports|
|First Goalscorer||Toni Martínez||9/2 with Bet365|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Shakhtar Donetsk vs Porto predictions:
- Porto won each of their last four group games in the 2022/23 Champions League.
- Shakhtar Donetsk have won just three of their last 22 Champions League matches.
- Porto has never lost an away match against Ukrainian opposition (three wins and four draws).
- Both teams have scored in three of Shakhtar Donetsk’s last four Champions League home games.
- Porto have failed to win five of their last seven Champions League away games.
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Porto match tip
Mehdi Taremi was directly involved in seven goals in five group stage games for Porto in the Champions League last season (five goals and two assists). The only players with more combined goals and assists in the group stage last term were Kylian Mbappé (10), Lionel Messi and Mohamed Salah (both eight).
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Porto Bet-Builder tip
Shakhtar Donetsk haven’t had much luck as the home side in the Champions League of late. The Ukrainian side have drawn three of their last four Champions League home games, with all three ending 1-1.
Three of Shakhtar Donetsk's last four Champions League home games have ended in a draw.
Each of Shakhtar Donetsk's past three Champions League home draws finished 1-1.
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Porto team news
The hosts are expected to be without Valeriy Bondar, Lassina Traore and Mykola Matvienko for this game due to injury. Porto, meanwhile, will be without Marko Grujic, Gabriel Veron, Evanilson, Ivan Marcano and Francisco Conceicao for their trip to the Volksparkstadion in Hamburg.
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Porto head-to-head record
- 10 December 2014 – Porto 1-1 Shakhtar Donetsk – Champions League
- 30 September 2014 – Shakhtar Donetsk 2-2 Porto – Champions League
- 23 November 2011 – Shakhtar Donetsk 0-2 Porto – Champions League
- 13 September 2011 – Porto 2-1 Shakhtar Donetsk – Champions League
- 21 March 1984 – Shakhtar Donetsk 1-1 Porto – Cup Winners’ Cup
Shakhtar Donetsk have never beaten Porto in four attempts in the Champions League (two draws and two losses); it’s the joint-most they’ve faced an opponent without winning in the competition (along with Inter and Milan), while Porto have only faced Marseille more often without ever losing (six).
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Porto Squawka Says
Recommended bet8:00 pm Tuesday September 19
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 13/2 Bet with Boylesports Sign-Up Offer: Bet £10, Get £10 in Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus – September 2023