RB Leipzig vs Crvena zvezda Champions League predictions: tips, odds and team news
RB Leipzig and Crvena zvezda go head to head in the Champions League on Wednesday at 8pm (UK time).
RB Leipzig vs Crvena zvezda odds
*Odds correct as of 10:30 on October 24
After losing 3-1 to Manchester City in their last Champions League outing, RB Leipzig know this is a key clash with home advantage. The German side are second in Group G with three points from two games, leaving them two points above both Young Boys and their opponents for this match. Another victory here — coupled with Man City beating Young Boys — would leave them in a very commanding position to take second place and reach the knockout rounds.
Naturally, Crvena zvezda will be doing everything they can to avoid defeat in order to both stay in touch with second and possibly leapfrog Young Boys into third, which will be good enough for a Europa League spot at the end of the group stage. The Serbian have a single point from two games so far, drawing 2-2 with Young Boys following a brave 3-1 loss at the Etihad in which they led 1-0 at half-time.
RB Leipzig vs Crvena zvezda: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||3/4 with BetUK|
|Correct Score||RB Leipzig 3-1 Crvena zvezda||9/1 with BetGoodwin|
|First Goalscorer||Loïs Openda||29/10 with Unibet|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our RB Leipzig vs Crvena zvezda predictions:
- There hasn’t been a clean sheet in any Champions League game featuring these two teams this season.
- Loïs Openda has opened the scoring in three of RB Leipzig’s last four games across all competitions.
- There has been over 3.5 goals scored in every Champions League game involving these two teams this season.
- Both teams have scored in each of RB Leipzig’s last eight home games in the Champions League.
- Crvena zvezda haven’t won a Champions League game since October 2019, losing five and drawing one of their last six.
Group G stands for goals in the Champions League this season. All four teams in the group have had eight goals in their matches so far. RB Leipzig have scored four and conceded four, with a 3-1 win and 3-1 defeat. Crvena zvezda, meanwhile, have scored three and conceded five.
Crvena zvezda have lost their last seven away Champions League group stage matches. There hasn’t been a clean sheet in any Champions League game featuring these two teams this season. Meanwhile there have been over 3.5 goals in every Champions League match involving these two teams this season.
RB Leipzig will remain without El Chadaille Bitshiabu and Willi Orban. Crvena zvezda, meanwhile, will be hoping for good news about Osman Bukari who has missed the past two games through injury. Filippo Falco is a long-term absentee.
RB Leipzig vs Crvena zvezda head-to-head record
This will be the first meeting between these two teams.
RB Leipzig vs Crvena zvezda Squawka Says
Recommended bet8:00 pm Wednesday October 25
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 9/1 Bet with BetGoodwin Sign-Up Offer: 50% back as a free bet up to £25 on first day losses