PSG vs Borussia Dortmund Champions League predictions: tips, odds and team news
PSG and Borussia Dortmund face off in the Champions League group stage on Tuesday at 8pm (UK time).
PSG vs Borussia Dortmund odds
*Odds correct as of 09:30 on September 19
PSG’s latest quest for Champions League glory gets underway this season, but there is no Neymar or Lionel Messi to help them, with both player leaving the club in the summer. This is PSG’s 12th consecutive appearance in the Champions League and they have progressed to the knockout stages on each of the previous 11 occasions. However, only one final appearance with all the money spent has seen PSG’s European campaign branded a failure so far.
Borussia Dortmund, meanwhile, have reached the Champions League knockout rounds in eight of their last 10 participations, failing only in 2017/18 and 2021/22 during this run. Dortmund only lost one of their six group stage games in last season’s Champions League, going down 2-1 at eventual winners Manchester City. They drew each of their last three group games last term.
As for PSG, they have only lost one of their last 33 home games in the group stage of the Champions League (26 wins and six draws), with that lone defeat coming against Manchester United in October 2020. They’re unbeaten in their last eight home group stage games since then, winning seven of those (one draw).
PSG vs Borussia Dortmund predictions
PSG vs Borussia Dortmund: Predictions
|BTTS?||Yes||2/5 with Bet365|
|Correct Score||2-1||8/1 with BetGoodwin|
|First Goalscorer||Kylian Mbappé||11/4 with Boylesports|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our PSG vs Borussia Dortmund predictions:
- PSG are unbeaten in their last eight home Champions League group stage games, winning seven of those.
- Luis Enrique has won 73% of his games as a manager in the Champions League (24/33); the highest win percentage of any coach with 20+ games in the competition.
- Both teams have scored in four of Borussia Dortmund’s last five Champions League away games.
- PSG won three of their last five Champions League home games but have kept one clean sheet during that period.
- Kylian Mbappé opened the scoring in five of PSG’s last seven Champions League home games.
PSG vs Borussia Dortmund match tip
Sébastien Haller missed last season’s Champions League group stage as he fought testicular cancer, but the Ivorian striker loves the competition. In 2021/22 while at Ajax, Haller scored in all six Champions League group stage matches, netting 10 goals including four in a 5-1 win over Sporting CP. Overall, Haller has scored 11 goals in 10 appearances in the Champions League, and he’ll be hoping for find the net in the competition for the first time with Dortmund.
PSG vs Borussia Dortmund Bet-Builder tip
Six of PSG’s last eight Champions League home games has seen over 1.5 goals scored in them, and they have won seven of their last eight. Furthermore, both teams have scored in four of Borussia Dortmund’s last five Champions League away games. And the same can be said for three of PSG’s last four Champions League home games.
Six of PSG's last eight Champions League home games has seen over 1.5 goals scored in them.
Both teams have scored in four of Borussia Dortmund's last five Champions League away games. And the same can be said for three of PSG's last four Champions League home games.
PSG are unbeaten in their last eight home Champions League group stage games, winning seven.
PSG vs Borussia Dortmund team news
Kylian Mbappe started the defeat to Nice at the weekend, shaking off a knock, but Luis Enrique still has quite a few injury concerns. Marco Asensio is out until next month while Nuno Mendes and Nordi Mukiele are unlikely to be fit in time to feature on Tuesday. Fabian Ruiz and Presnel Kimpembe are also doubts, while Lee Kang-in is out.
Thomas Meunier will be unavailable to face his former club due to injury. He is joined on the sidelines by Mateu Morey, Niclas Füllkrug and Ramy Bensebaini.
PSG vs Borussia Dortmund head-to-head record
- 11 March 2020 – PSG 2-0 Borussia Dortmund – Champions League
- 18 February 2020 – Borussia Dortmund 2-1 PSG – Champions League
- 4 November 2010 – PSG 0-0 Borussia Dortmund – Europa League
- 21 October 2010 – Borussia Dortmund 1-1 PSG – Europa League
The only previous Champions League meetings between PSG and Borussia Dortmund came in the 2019/20 round of 16 – PSG lost 2-1 away in the first leg, but won 2-0 at home, eventually reaching the final that season.
PSG vs Borussia Dortmund Squawka Says
Recommended bet8:00 pm Tuesday September 19
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 8/1 Bet with BetGoodwin Sign-Up Offer: 50% back as a free bet up to £25 on first day losses
- Euro 2024 qualifying betting tips & predictions
- Football Accumulator tips
- Latest live streaming fixtures