Portugal vs Iceland Euro 2024 qualifier predictions: Tips, odds and team news
Portugal and Iceland meet in a Euro 2024 qualifying showdown at Estádio José Alvalade on Sunday (7:45pm UK time).
Portugal vs Iceland odds
Odds correct as of 18:00 on November 17
Portugal have qualified for the finals, so attention turns to a clean sweep. The hosts come into their final Euro 2024 qualifying game with a perfect record: 27 points from nine played. Roberto Martinez’s side have made light work of Group J, scoring 34 times and conceding just twice and have won every single game since being knocked out of the World Cup at the hands of Morocco, with Slovakia the only side to score against them in that time.
As for Iceland, their dreams of joining Portugal at Euro 2024 are over after a 4-2 defeat to Slovakia left them in fourth place. After a poor start that saw them lose four of their opening five matches, things picked up with two wins and a draw before falling to the aforementioned defeat to Slovakia.
Portugal vs Iceland predictions
Portugal vs Iceland: Predictions
|BTTS?||No||1/2 with Coral|
|Correct Score||4-0||8/1 with StarSports|
|First Goalscorer||Bernardo Silva||10/1 with Sky Bet|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Portugal vs Iceland predictions:
- Portugal scored at least three goals in each of their last six home Euro qualifying matches.
- Portugal are currently on an 11-game unbeaten run at home in Euro qualifiers (nine wins and two draws).
- Iceland lost three of their last four Euro qualifying road games.
- Portugal kept five clean sheets across their last six home Euro qualification games.
- Portugal scored first in each of their last six home Euro qualifying matches.
Portugal vs Iceland match tip
Cristiano Ronaldo is the joint top goalscorer in Euro 2024 with 10 goals in his eight appearances. The 38-year-old has scored twice in two of his last three qualifying matches, with braces against Slovakia and Bosnia and Herzegovina and has only failed to score in two of his last 12 matches for club and country.
Portugal vs Iceland team news
Portugal team news
|–||Diogo Dalot, Nélson Semedo, Pepe, Rafael Leão||–|
Even though qualification has been secured expect a number of Portugal’s big-hitters to feature including skipper Cristiano Ronaldo.
Iceland team news
|–||Gylfi Sigurðsson, Mikael Anderson||–|
Alfreð Finnbogason comes into this latest round of international fixtures as the most prolific member of Iceland’s squad (18 goals). Ajax teenager Kristian Hlynsson is hoping to make his debut.
Portugal vs Iceland head-to-head record
- 20 Jun 2023 – Iceland 0-1 Portugal – European Championship qualifier
- 14 Jun 2016 – Portugal 1-1 Iceland – Euro 2016
- 07 Oct 2011 – Portugal 5-3 Iceland – European Championship qualifier
- 12 Oct 2010 – Iceland 1-3 Portugal – European Championship qualifier
Portugal are unbeaten against Iceland (three wins and one draw).