Blackpool vs Nottingham Forest predictions: FA Cup tips, odds and team news
Blackpool and Nottingham Forest meet in an FA Cup third-round replay on Wednesday at 7:45pm (UK time).
Blackpool vs Nottingham Forest odds
*Odds correct as of 07:00 on January 17
The 2023/24 FA Cup third round is throwing it back to last year, with Nottingham Forest out for revenge. When these two met at this stage last year, Blackpool shocked Premier League Nottingham Forest with a 4-1 win, a fall for the Reds after they had made the quarter-finals in 2021/22. That run, ended by Liverpool, was Nottingham Forest’s best in the FA Cup since 1995/96, when they also reached the quarter-finals. Two-time winners of the FA Cup, you have to go back to 1958/59 for the last time Forest lifted this trophy, with one final appearance since.
Blackpool, meanwhile, are one-time winners of the FA Cup and haven’t reached the final since their success in 1952/53. Since then, their best run was to the quarter-finals in 1958/59, only making it past the fourth round four times. After beating Forest last season, there was another fourth-round exit as Blackpool were beaten 2-1 by Southampton. Blackpool have already played three times in the FA Cup this season, entering at the First Round Proper as a League One club, beating Bromley and then Forest Green to reach this stage before the draw with Nottingham Forest to force the replay.
Blackpool vs Nottingham Forest predictions
Blackpool vs Nottingham Forest: Predictions
|4/6 with Midnite
|Blackpool 1-2 Nottingham Forest
|7/1 with Betfred
|14/1 with Bet365
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Blackpool vs Nottingham Forest predictions:
- Nottingham Forest have conceded in their past nine games across all competitions.
- Nottingham Forest are without a clean sheet in any of their last five games across all competitions.
- However, they are enjoying a three-game unbeaten run which includes wins over Man Utd and Newcastle.
- Nicolas Dominguez has scored Forest’s first goal of the game in each of their last two matches.
- Blackpool have only failed to score in four matches across all competitions since the start of September.
Blackpool vs Nottingham Forest match tip
Morgan Gibbs-White and Nicolas Dominguez have both scored in each of Forest’s last two matches, including in the previous meeting against Blackpool. Dominguez has scored first on each occasion, with Gibbs-White adding the second.
Blackpool vs Nottingham Forest team news
Blackpool team news
|Jake Beesley, Kylian Kouassi
Matthew Pennington remains a doubt having missed the past five matches through concussion protocol, while Jake Beesley and Kylian Kouassi are both out injured.
Nottingham Forest team news
|Taiwo Awoniyi, Ibrahim Sangare, Serge Aurier, Moussa Niakhate, Ola Aina, Cheikhou Kouyate, Willy Boly
Taiwo Awoniyi is injured, while Ibrahim Sangare, Serge Aurier, Moussa Niakhate, Ola Aina, Cheikhou Kouyate and Willy Boly have all joined up with their respective countries for AFCON.
Blackpool vs Nottingham Forest head-to-head record
- 7 January 2024 – Nottingham Forest 2-2 Blackpool – FA Cup
- 7 January 2023 – Blackpool 4-1 Nottingham Forest – FA Cup
- 2 April 2022 – Blackpool 1-4 Nottingham Forest – Championship
- 16 October 2021 – Nottingham Forest 2-1 Blackpool – Championship
- 14 February 2015 – Blackpool 4-4 Nottingham Forest – Championship
These sides last met in the third round of the FA Cup last season, with Blackpool handing their Premier League opponents a 4-1 humbling to end Forest’s five-game unbeaten run in this fixture. The most recent meeting, of course, was the 2-2 draw that forced this replay.
Nottingham Forest vs Blackpool Squawka Says
- 2023/24 FA Cup predictions and betting tips
- Football Accumulator tips
- Latest live streaming fixtures